3rd party instrument disappeared on NA

justtech
justtech Member Posts: 4 Member
edited January 2022 in Native Access

When an instrument is not showing on NA and tech support ask for a serial number while the product is part of a package.

In my case, I'm referring to The Invasion from GGD, I can precisely find when it was incorporated to NA and in which package or upgrade. I used it on projects and now is gone not showing in Native Access.

Is anybody aware of this or has some info?

Best,

Rob

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Matt_NI
    Matt_NI Administrator Posts: 1,106 admin
    Answer ✓

GGD is not one of our instrument and is not bundled with anything like Komplete. It's an instrument you can purchase on its own in our NKS shop (which is only 3rd party products). The problem is that there is no order for it, no trace of any serial number anywhere and you're not able to provide any proof suggesting you own this product. The fact that you see it in Native Access or Kontakt / Komplete Kontrol doesn't mean you actually own it. It simply means it was installed your system.

The only logical explanation I can find is that perhaps you have another account with another email. If that's the case, I would suggest to send our team anything they could check on.

• thomast0001
    thomast0001 Member Posts: 5 Member
    Answer ✓

Thank you Rob for the information. So you are on a Mac. So am I, so I can provide coherent information here.

Now, Matt, I purchased Heavyocity's Gravity Pack 02 (GP02) Vocalise directly from Heavyocity's website. The email I received from them contained a serial number. I went to Native Access, clicked on "Add a serial" if I recall, manually entered the serial number, and was off to the races. That component isn't bundled with Komplete. I didn't even purchase it from the NKS shop although it was available (I was able to get it cheaper directly from Heavyocity's website).

The key point (no pun intended ;) is if I look at my Mac in /Library/Preferences I see the file com.native-instruments.GP02 Vocalise.plist. My question for you, Matt, is where is my GP02 Vocalise serial number? Is it encoded in that plist file, or is it sitting in some other file on the system? I'm asking that question because if you can tell us where serial numbers are stored, Rob can look on his system to see if he can find a file that contains said serial number. Rob, you can check /Library/Preferences to see if you have a plist file that appears to correspond to The Invasion from GGD. Not sure if the serial number is there, but it's a start.

On a related note, Rob, one of the dangerous things I've run into with email is that it is typically configured with IMAP such that email isn't necessarily copied locally. It's sitting out there on your email provider's servers. If you switch email providers all your email sitting on the old provider's systems goes POOF! I've had that happen and it's very distressing. The opposite can also happen. The Mail app configuration I believe can be set up to copy the email locally and delete it from the IMAP server. The problem with that is if an "old" system is replaced with a "new" one, and you don't carefully preserve the email that was downloaded (and deleted from the provider's email server), again it goes POOF! And is gone.

Rob, if you have a backup of your "old" laptop that could be very helpful.

I'm not even remotely an expert with this, but I can say that every item in Native Access has a serial number associated with it, even for items that are part of bundles. I've upgraded from Komplete 13 Select to Komplete 13 to Komplete 13 Ultimate. Every item bundled in Komplete 13 has a unique serial in Native Access as far as I can tell. This is why I've asked Matt to explain where serial numbers are stored on the system, and Rob why I've asked you to look at your system for a plist file for example corresponding to the missing product. Once we get the serial location info from Matt you can check wherever he points to see if you can find the serial. Also, I sincerely hope you have a backup of your laptop (or it's still in your possession), since you can check the email you have there for a missing correspondance containing the serial number.

As a final comment, sorry if this isn't helpful. I'm doing my best to give you some possible pointers. I know it's distressing to have things vanish off the system for apparently no reason. :/

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,319 mod
    edited January 2022

Hey Justtech, I checked your ticket and NI account, there is no trace of this license on your account, that is why my colleague asks for a serial number, to eventually find it back.

The Invasion from GGD isn't part of any of our bundles and is not a product from NI. If you can't provide an order number or serial it's impossible for us to find, unfortunately. Maybe you registered it on another NI account, with another email address, that would explain why it's not appearing anymore. I would suggest to look for it in your emails or contact GetGoodDrums here: https://www.getgooddrums.com/

• justtech

There is no way to have it on the Native Access app without NI authorization.

I have 1 account only, never changed emails or addresses, my profile is the same from the beginning.

I have it on my desktop computer. During the replacement of an old laptop, I realized is not available anymore.

I did contact GGD. By the way, I never heard about them until I got it thru NA. They answered that they have no control of the software distribution of NI.

I sent screenshots from my desktop, and nobody answered how is possible to have it downloaded and validated on NA.

All I get is, no serial number no solution. Adreas claimed as NI supervisor to stop answering my emails if I do not send a serial number deeming the case as solved.

• Matt_NI

Where did you buy this license? If you purchased it on our website, you must have had an order receipt or something.

This is really not the best place to discuss missing items because if we need to investigate, personal information needs to be shared. We'll escalate your case and hopefully we can trace it back.

Thank you.

• justtech

Okay Matt, as I explained to support, I have never bought GGD alone. I have installed it through NA. I do not know exactly in which of my software upgrades or purchases of hardware (4) was included. I have been upgrading in several steps until I got the collectors edition. I do not have a single serial for it, like many other items as we know, don't have a single serial, they are bundled.

I reached to the community for help to find more info about this. If this is not the place, and tech support is neglecting me, lead me to the right path. I will appreciate it.

Like I said, NI tech support deemed my ticket as solved and is not.

Regards,

Rob

• thomast0001

Rob, what OS are you running (Mac or Windows)? And then what version of the OS? I'm not sure I can help -- I haven't run into this myself and also don't have GGD of any stripe -- but this basic information can be helpful in further diagnosis. (For example, once we know what OS you're running, it can be searched for preference files that may contain valuable information.)

With that said, to any NI reps here, where on the Mac (and Windows) do you store the serial numbers? They must be on the system someplace, even if encoded. If Rob can find the needed files, he can share them with you.

• justtech

Thomas, I'm running Monterrey 12.1 on my two M1 computers desktop and laptop.

As you can see the screenshot is from my Imac24 M1 desktop GGD is on.

GGD The Invasion does not have a serial number in my case because I did not buy it separately. It came bundled like many other instruments from NI downloadable through Native Access. I have over 340 software instruments on NA all validated using NA app. If one of them disappears and you are not using it you would not notice. In this particular case, I used GGD on some projects, during the replacement of my Macbook Air with a new M1 Mackbook Pro I noticed is not available on my NA for download anymore.

A clear example is Massive X, during the transition to M1 I was unable to install it for compatibility reasons, but it was available on NA, later on, after some NI updates I installed it, and no prob.

Now, due to this issue, I have screenshots of all instruments. NI support says "no serial" no solution. I asked them to answer how I got it validated and downloaded on NA?

• Matt_NI
    Answer ✓

GGD is not one of our instrument and is not bundled with anything like Komplete. It's an instrument you can purchase on its own in our NKS shop (which is only 3rd party products). The problem is that there is no order for it, no trace of any serial number anywhere and you're not able to provide any proof suggesting you own this product. The fact that you see it in Native Access or Kontakt / Komplete Kontrol doesn't mean you actually own it. It simply means it was installed your system.

The only logical explanation I can find is that perhaps you have another account with another email. If that's the case, I would suggest to send our team anything they could check on.

• thomast0001
    Answer ✓

Thank you Rob for the information. So you are on a Mac. So am I, so I can provide coherent information here.

Now, Matt, I purchased Heavyocity's Gravity Pack 02 (GP02) Vocalise directly from Heavyocity's website. The email I received from them contained a serial number. I went to Native Access, clicked on "Add a serial" if I recall, manually entered the serial number, and was off to the races. That component isn't bundled with Komplete. I didn't even purchase it from the NKS shop although it was available (I was able to get it cheaper directly from Heavyocity's website).

The key point (no pun intended ;) is if I look at my Mac in /Library/Preferences I see the file com.native-instruments.GP02 Vocalise.plist. My question for you, Matt, is where is my GP02 Vocalise serial number? Is it encoded in that plist file, or is it sitting in some other file on the system? I'm asking that question because if you can tell us where serial numbers are stored, Rob can look on his system to see if he can find a file that contains said serial number. Rob, you can check /Library/Preferences to see if you have a plist file that appears to correspond to The Invasion from GGD. Not sure if the serial number is there, but it's a start.

On a related note, Rob, one of the dangerous things I've run into with email is that it is typically configured with IMAP such that email isn't necessarily copied locally. It's sitting out there on your email provider's servers. If you switch email providers all your email sitting on the old provider's systems goes POOF! I've had that happen and it's very distressing. The opposite can also happen. The Mail app configuration I believe can be set up to copy the email locally and delete it from the IMAP server. The problem with that is if an "old" system is replaced with a "new" one, and you don't carefully preserve the email that was downloaded (and deleted from the provider's email server), again it goes POOF! And is gone.

Rob, if you have a backup of your "old" laptop that could be very helpful.

I'm not even remotely an expert with this, but I can say that every item in Native Access has a serial number associated with it, even for items that are part of bundles. I've upgraded from Komplete 13 Select to Komplete 13 to Komplete 13 Ultimate. Every item bundled in Komplete 13 has a unique serial in Native Access as far as I can tell. This is why I've asked Matt to explain where serial numbers are stored on the system, and Rob why I've asked you to look at your system for a plist file for example corresponding to the missing product. Once we get the serial location info from Matt you can check wherever he points to see if you can find the serial. Also, I sincerely hope you have a backup of your laptop (or it's still in your possession), since you can check the email you have there for a missing correspondance containing the serial number.

As a final comment, sorry if this isn't helpful. I'm doing my best to give you some possible pointers. I know it's distressing to have things vanish off the system for apparently no reason. :/

• Matt_NI

@thomast0001 It's a bit more complicated since we have different activation mechanisms. Some would be located in the local plist and others in a jwt-activation token.

@justtech Do you actually have Invasion installed anywhere? Being the computer you are using now or another one? Our support team is going to send you a tool scanning your system to see if we can pick up on any serial anywhere.

• Matt_NI

Unfortunately, we haven't heard back since January 13th.

Our team is already in touch via email and this thread is now closed.

This discussion has been closed.