[Coming soon] Mark your calendar for KOMPLETE 14

Comments

• Wiseguy2006
    Wiseguy2006 Member Posts: 11 Member

WOW!! Komplete 14 is here - so cool!

Except one thing - what is the benefit of a pre-order exactly? Why would someone pre-order it? Is it going to sell out and we need to get ours before it does? Or does it come with something extra if you pre-order? Trying to understand what the benefit is to pre order ?

• tempsperdu
    tempsperdu Member Posts: 290 Pro

Reasons to buy K14 CE as opposed to K14 Ultimate if you have K13 CE

Knifonium (good synth which is often on sale at PA for $29.99, and I've already got)

Lores

Bx_ Console (It doesn't say which one, but we can probably assume it's N)

Focusrite SC (Already got both of these, and they are frequently on sale at PA for circa $30.00)

14 expansions

There was a compelling reason to chose CE over Ultimate with K13 (the strings and the symphony series)

Somehow I don't think the upgrade is quite so compelling, some might even say it borders on the farcical.

• Russellmus
    Russellmus Member Posts: 53 Helper

Choir: Omnia is tempting for CE. If that was in Ultimate I’d be much more likely to upgrade. As it stands I’m even struggling to justify getting Standard, as all I really want is Kontakt 7. A few other things are nice but I could take or leave them.

• tempsperdu
    edited September 2022

Thanks for pointing that out, I missed it. Still not enough for me to think this is anything like a comparatively good upgrade.

• Wiseguy2006
    Wiseguy2006 Member Posts: 11 Member

Did anyone figure out why you would pre-order?

• F1308
    F1308 Member Posts: 81 Helper

The question can surely bottom the ocean floor while we wait, since having no hardware to be sent and offering nothing but a huge download it turns pretty hard to be answered.

• F1308
    edited September 2022

Well, after nearly three months staring at it I have finally clicked on a Native Instruments Komplete 13 Ultimate Coll. Ed. Bundle....

I know it will take quite long a time for me to sit, find a DAW, and get ready, but I need to support great developments and I thank you for this astounding product...

• tempsperdu

F1308

Well, after nearly three months staring at it I have finally clicked on a Native Instruments Komplete 13 Ultimate Coll. Ed. Bundle....

How much was this influenced by the seeming fact that 14 will not have a disc?

• F1308
    edited September 2022

tempsperdu...

"How much was this influenced by the seeming fact that 14 will not have a disc?"

100% for sure, truly afraid of missing out.

We removed long ago both, phone line and WiFi, from our house for security reasons and we just use smartphones using 4G/5G to access the internet on a mere 4GB/month on one line and 100GB/month on another one, using their hotspots as needed for laptops, tablets,TVs, and it has so far proved to be more than enough for us, and pretty reliable indeed.

😀😀😀😀

• tempsperdu
    edited September 2022

F1308

100% for sure, truly afraid of missing out.

We removed long ago both, phone line and WiFi, from our house for security reasons and we just use smartphones using 4G/5G to access the internet on a mere 4GB/month on one line and 100GB/month on another one, using their hotspots as needed for laptops, tablets,TVs, and it has so far proved to be more than enough for us, and pretty reliable indeed.

Thought so. I can see many others aghast at a decision that seemingly doesn't take into account that downloading over a terabyte of data is not easily feasible for some. They could, I suppose, offer it as a paid option, but given previously it was 'free', that is also going to not go down well.

There is perception in some (many?) quarters that the acquisition by SoundWide was going to result in an even greater emphasis on reducing costs, maximising profits, as the major 'business ethos'. It's relatively hard to not see that as the case, though it may turn out that by taking actions such as this, they may see a reduction in returns as well. It certainly is hard to see it as being in any way customer-centric, and so I genuinely hope that is the case.

• Eight4aWish
    Eight4aWish Member Posts: 53 Helper

IMHO the preorder thing is an attempt to bank some sales now. The closer it gets to Black Friday the more people will decide to wait and see what bargains they can pick up elsewhere.

• andalassamXX
    andalassamXX Member Posts: 53 Helper

Komplete14 added many instruments, but they also deleted 4 instruments (or more), including ABSYNTH 5 and Evolve.

I will continue to use komplete12.

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,113 Expert

They don't get removed from your account if you upgrade.

• F1308
    edited September 2022

Glad I catched 13 CE before it disappeared like smoke !!!!

😀😀😀😀

• andalassamXX
    andalassamXX Member Posts: 53 Helper

I'm worried about how long they can be activated, because NI doesn't promise to allow them to be activated for many years. They only said that these instruments can be activated at least within two years, but I am very dissatisfied with this answer.

This discussion has been closed.