Any software for KK or Maschine that DID NOT come with Komplete 13?

Kev SF
Kev SF Member Posts: 19 Member
edited September 2022 in Komplete Kontrol

I'm wondering if there is any software necessary for getting full functionality out of a Komplete Kontrol s61 controller or Maschine Mini Mk3 that did not come with Komplete 13?

I have already purchased Komplete 13, but I might be getting a used KK s61 and MM mk3. And quite often used versions of those controllers are listed as 'having no software." So I'd like to know if I shouldn't worry about those controllers not coming with the software. It would certainly be cheaper to buy.

(Fyi, Not interested in Ableton Light. I'm using LUNA)

Thanks,

Kevin

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@Kev SF People are supposed to sell the software that comes with the hardware. In the case there is an issue for you, you can always get in touch with our registration support agents here and they will help you to find a solution: https://bit.ly/NIsupport_RA

• ShelLuser
    ShelLuser Member Posts: 240 Pro
    Answer ✓

You should probably have started your own thread instead of digging up this one because a lot changed in the past year.

First of all: Komplete 13 does not provide you with "Maschine software", only several Maschine expansions for which you'll need the Maschine controller + software to use those. However... you can use the samples within those expansions in other DAW's as well.

Second... things changed: if you bought a 2nd hand Maschine controller and the owner didn't transfer the serial / software to you then you can still register it with NI and you'll get access to the Maschine software, the only thing you need is the serial number. Basically in the new policy both the original owner and you get a license.

Answers

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,535 Expert

Well pretty sure you will need the Maschine software since without it the controller is basically not really useful. Komplete Kontrol is free anyway and I am pretty sure included in Komplete bundles. Maschine software I am not sure if you can get, may be a cost involved if the previous user isn't going to do the right thing and transfer the license with the hardware.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@Kev SF People are supposed to sell the software that comes with the hardware. In the case there is an issue for you, you can always get in touch with our registration support agents here and they will help you to find a solution: https://bit.ly/NIsupport_RA

• Kev SF

So the Maschine software that comes with Komplete 13 is not enough to run Maschine?

• ShelLuser
    ShelLuser Member Posts: 240 Pro
    Answer ✓

You should probably have started your own thread instead of digging up this one because a lot changed in the past year.

First of all: Komplete 13 does not provide you with "Maschine software", only several Maschine expansions for which you'll need the Maschine controller + software to use those. However... you can use the samples within those expansions in other DAW's as well.

Second... things changed: if you bought a 2nd hand Maschine controller and the owner didn't transfer the serial / software to you then you can still register it with NI and you'll get access to the Maschine software, the only thing you need is the serial number. Basically in the new policy both the original owner and you get a license.

• Kev SF

Thanks SheILuser,

I'm glad to see there is simple support for 2nd hand Native Instruments controllers. I'm assuming the same thing goes for the software that should come with Komplete Kontrol s61s?

Incidentally, my ignorance of how NI's hardware and software interact is just making my thread seem old. I actually started it only two days ago. I'm a noob.

Kevin

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,535 Expert

Hmmm, probably need to check the OP since it was posted by the same user and only posted 2 days ago. Possible error in skim reading the thread?