Native Instruments Apple Silicon M1 Compatibility



  • Calagan
    Calagan Member Posts: 152 Advisor

    Yes of course, because your product is Guitar rig 5, not Guitar rig 6. ;)

    From GR5 to GR6 it's an upgrade. And it's not free !

    From GR6 Intel to GR6 ARM64 it's an update... And it's free, whatever Komplete version or bundle you own...

  • funx
    funx Member Posts: 8 Member

    Not “whatever Komplete version” though.

    Version 13 or greater 😊

  • Jojo123
    Jojo123 Member Posts: 231 Advisor

    Thankyou for your thoughts and input. Would still like to hear an official statement tho.

  • Calagan
    Calagan Member Posts: 152 Advisor

    You can own Komplete 1 AND Guitar Rig 6 (if you bought it separately). So yes, you've got free GR6 update whatever Komplete version you own IF you own GR6.

    The point is about the Guitar Rig's version you own, not Komplete...

  • Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    edited September 2022

    Guitar Rig 5 was discontinued before M1 became a thing. Battery 4, Replika and the Solid effects are still part of the portfolio, meaning they will be updated.

  • Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod

    Battery 4, Reaktor 6, the Solid FX, REplika, etc... are still part of the portfolio and will get updates. Updates for the products you already own are free.

  • Eklethe
    Eklethe Member Posts: 32 Member

    @Jeremy_NI @Kaiwan_NI excited for this update.

    As someone who has been waiting for Native Compatibility to upgrade — is there a particular M1 chip that is the safest bet moving forward?

    If possible, I’d like to buy the most modern M1 chip (Which I think is either the M1 Max or M2?) but want to check with you experts first.

    My entire setup relies crucially on Maschine, Kontakt, Komplete and Guitar Rig, so it’s important that I have a workhorse with minimal issues.

  • Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod

    @Eklethe The safest would be a M1 computer as there are no known issues. Then come M1 Max or Pro, there are a few known issues but hopefully these will be solved in the coming product updates. For example the issue with Maschine freezing when checking previews will be fixed in the coming Maschine 2.16 update. For the M2, we don't have much feedback yet on how our products behave there. M2 is probably not that different than M1 though. My personal advice would be to wait a few more weeks, when all of our updates are there, see if it fixes the issues with M1 Pro & M1 Max, then you'll have more options.

  • NDEE
    NDEE Member Posts: 10 Member

    Hi Jeremy_NI, thanks for hanging around here and answering our posts. Regarding your latest comment about Maschine having issues with M1, are we talking solely HARDWARE devices having issues, and not the softwares like Kontakt running Native in M1 Max?



  • Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod

    @NDEE For Maschine, maybe I wasn't clear enough, it is not a hardware issue but a software issue. There were no reports of issues specific to M1 Pro or M1 Max with Kontakt or other plug-ins.

  • Marijn
    Marijn Member Posts: 4 Member

    I am using Guitar Rig 5 on M1 and experience no problems so far.

  • tribepop
    tribepop Member Posts: 160 Advisor

    Good I’ll be glad once all of this M1 ****** is behind us. I’m not sure how many resources are being dedicated to resolving this but it kind of feels like an “all hands on deck” kind of situation which sucks because how many other NI projects were put on hold because Apple decided to drop the M1 and then expects vendors to play catch up over the next few years. I’m glad NI is increasing their pool of supported hardware but it kinda sucks that so many resources were put into something that only applies to a fraction of the total user base.

  • kevin marshall
    kevin marshall Member Posts: 6 Member

    Will the Maschine Mk3 be compatible with

    I want to purchase the Mk3 this Nov.

  • bobbyduracel
    bobbyduracel Member Posts: 28 Member

    Thanks @NI. To be clear, I am running ableton 11 suite and Komplete 13CE on my 14” silicon MacBook Pro - and even though it’s through Rosetta, this system has far more capability than my 2019 8-core i9 MacBook Pro. It’s also been totally flawless. I can run buffers of 64 Mb at 44.1 until the covert end of my project, and when I add izotope AI mastering plugins, I only need to bump the buffer to 128 or 256mb. For anyone afraid to grab an M1 bc of NI or ableton compatibility, I think you have nothing to be afraid of.

    For the first time in my music life, I can just keep creating until I want to stop. No need to manage resources, freeze/flatten, or bounce to audio just to mitigate cpu or ram. It’s really quite amazing.

  • bobbyduracel
    bobbyduracel Member Posts: 28 Member

    Honestly just get the 14” MBPro with the slightly upgraded chip (10 core?). It’s 70% faster than the last fastest Intel i9 MBPro, and the ram utilization is so clever, 32 gigs will be plenty. M2 Max or Pro will most assuredly be faster, but right now I truly believe the chip in my 14” is going to be much more capable than any plugin or daw will need for a solid handful of years to come. For $2,899 or less you can get a fully loaded 14” MacBook Pro that will absolutely crush whatever you throw at it.

This discussion has been closed.
Back To Top