Is it possible to also organize non Komplete Kontrol sounds?

michelkeijzers
michelkeijzers Member Posts: 24 Member

I'm trying to know more about Native Instruments Komplete (as I need to make a decision to buy it within 5 days, for the reduction).

There is something I cannot find out: in Komplete Kontrol all sounds can be easily browsed based on name/type.

To add a library, afaik NI Access can be used. However, I also have downloaded a lot of free (Non NI engines, samples etc), and these do not show up.

Is there a way to get them being visible in NI Komplete Kontrol or is there another way to conveniently browse through all sounds (not all from NI).

Best Answer

• Brad Yost
    Brad Yost Member Posts: 350 Pro
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓

If the library is NKS compatible AND registered via Native Access (regardless of free or paid), it will show up in the library browser of Komplete Kontrol.

If it is Kontakt compatible BUT NOT NKS, then it 'should' be viewable in KK from the <Files> tab, and can be setup to load from the <quickload> section in Kontakt (even if Kontakt is loaded into KK).

If it is a third party library that utilizes a different engine/plugin like UVI Workstation or Proton Player, then no.

YMMV.

A list of NKS partners and their libraries/plugins can be found here. [The list is not complete, but close.]

Answers

• Brad Yost
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓

If the library is NKS compatible AND registered via Native Access (regardless of free or paid), it will show up in the library browser of Komplete Kontrol.

If it is Kontakt compatible BUT NOT NKS, then it 'should' be viewable in KK from the <Files> tab, and can be setup to load from the <quickload> section in Kontakt (even if Kontakt is loaded into KK).

If it is a third party library that utilizes a different engine/plugin like UVI Workstation or Proton Player, then no.

YMMV.

A list of NKS partners and their libraries/plugins can be found here. [The list is not complete, but close.]

• michelkeijzers
    michelkeijzers Member Posts: 24 Member

The ones I downloaded are not NKS compatible (and cannot be registered), so yes, I could access them with the Files tab.

I am currently a hardware synth user and got used to finding patches easily (ALL patches are categorized). But I see for soft synths there is not some common convention/compatibility.

• JesterMgee
    JesterMgee Member Posts: 2,578 Expert

For many non NKS VSTs (including most UVI stuff) you can check the available libraries here which have all the features of the official libraries and browse in the same way, just without Lightguide:

Also here are some various user submitted ones:

• Brad Yost

@michelkeijzers

As waaaay back in my day when I started installing MIDI cards into MemoryMOOG keyboards, it took YEARS for anyone to create a MIDI modification for the MiniMOOG. So... place yer bets, take yer chances.

• Brad Yost

@JesterMgee and... as luck would have it, none of my UVI instruments are NKS from that list.😔

• Brad Yost
    edited September 2022

I use the Sunbird and GD-6 guitars alot (they're not actually UVI instruments, but AcousticSamples), but I get along quite fine with the UVI I/F and have several custom presets built. I was just curious, that's all.