How to make real piano sounds with Hybrid Keys?

Options
Hugh
Hugh Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
edited January 2022 in Kontakt

Hi

I am a komplete newbie having bought the A49 just to use as input to Sibelius. However I would like to start learning how to make use of the software that came with it. The first thing I am struggling with is how to get this just to sound like a real piano. Just the basics. I have managed somehow (can't remember how) to get to this screen. What are these "Hybrid keys" and why do I have to twiddle the knobs to reset the dials every time I get here even to get it to sound half way towards a real piano without all the weird overtones (Blend AB seems to reduce the Dynamic C7 component) and stuff? Is there some way to save a default setting to go to when I plug it in and turn it on? Is there a starter guide for komplete newbies like me?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide

Best Answers

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

Check out this Video see what HK is all about...

There are also a ton of vids on YouTube about HK...just search "Hybrid Keys"

• Blindeddie
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, if you go to File --> Save, you can save the current state of the plugin as an NKS User Preset. Then in the browser, you can tag the preset as a favorite (click the star icon next to the preset name. )

• Blindeddie
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, The Gentleman is a very nice “standard” piano. Starting there will reduce the learning curve of trying to learn Komplete Kontrol, Kontakt and Sound design all at the same time… and my suggestion is to read the manuals or at least have them handy for quick reference and search and watch as many videos as possible as the software can be complex (especially Kontakt)!!! And of course, if you run into any road blocks, head back here and request assistance, there is always someone around willing to assist!!

Answers