Maschine+ Updater & Controller Editor Issues

AkNi
AkNi Member Posts: 27 Member
edited July 2022 in Maschine

Hi!

My M+ is not showing up at the M+ updater and I can't connect it to the controller editor.

I reinstalled this "NativeInstrumentsMP_UsbAudio_v5.22.0_2021-09-01_setup" but it still don't work

I'm using Win10

What else can I try to do?

Edit: At the NI M+ Control Panel it says "no device connected"

Thank you

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓

Pressing Shift + Channel puts you in Midi Mode which allows you to access Controller editor assignments. The M+ needs to be in Controller Mode (has nothing to do with controller editor, has to do with it controlling the Maschine software) to access Midi Mode (by pressing Shift + Channel for use with controller editor)

If you are in Midi Mode Press Shift + Channel again, that takes you back to controller mode. Once in Controller Mode, to get back to Standalone mode, the manual says...

"However, if you are in Controller mode, you can still return to Standalone mode. To access Standalone mode: 1. Press SETTINGS. 2. Use the 4-D encoder to select System. 3. Press Button 4 (STANDALONE). → MASCHINE+ restarts in Standalone mode"

Answers

• Blindeddie
    edited July 2022

How is the M+ attached to the computer, direct USB or through a Hub? Have you put it into Controller mode so it can be used with the Maschine software?

• AkNi
    edited July 2022

Via USB. I have now put it into controller mode via the settings and it's connected to the controller editor.

I thought I need to press shift and channel to change it from standalone to controller mode.

But how do I go back to the standalone mode? I press the settings button but nothing happens.

Sry it's the first time I'm doing this.

I wanted to set it up for Cubase 12 like in this video, but it didn't worked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiFZ8Y5vOfU&t=150s

• Blindeddie
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓

Pressing Shift + Channel puts you in Midi Mode which allows you to access Controller editor assignments. The M+ needs to be in Controller Mode (has nothing to do with controller editor, has to do with it controlling the Maschine software) to access Midi Mode (by pressing Shift + Channel for use with controller editor)

If you are in Midi Mode Press Shift + Channel again, that takes you back to controller mode. Once in Controller Mode, to get back to Standalone mode, the manual says...

"However, if you are in Controller mode, you can still return to Standalone mode. To access Standalone mode: 1. Press SETTINGS. 2. Use the 4-D encoder to select System. 3. Press Button 4 (STANDALONE). → MASCHINE+ restarts in Standalone mode"

• AkNi

Thank you @Blindeddie

I think I understand it now and I was able to set it up🙂

Thanks