Every time I start Logic, it tells me "One or more Kontakt instances cannot be recalled...", etc

2»

Answers

• vertint01
    vertint01 Member Posts: 18 Member

Apologies. I actually didn't know that I was. I used your support wizard, but didn't get any indication or feedback that anything had happened beyond that. Didn't hear from anyone until yesterday, after you'd already engaged.

Didn't intend to confuse things or waste folks' time.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

No worries @vertint01 ;)

• kazen
    kazen Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

@Jeremy_NI Excuse me. I have the same symptom and have reinstalled it, but I'm sorry. I want you to tell me the solution.

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod

So, what exactly do you do after you get that dialog? You're not supposed to reinstall anything, you're supposed to open a Kontakt instance from the project you're loading, resolve any missing content by pointing at the folder where they are, then resave the project.

• vertint01

Hi, y'all. Just to update, I've been working offline with NI support to figure this out, so far with no success. I'll be sure to report back anything I learn. Meanwhile, just want to publicly express my appreciation for the help NI's support team is providing.

• vertint01

Hi, EvilDragon. I do exactly what you describe. And it works. Until I switch to a new project, or close and reopen that one. At which point I get the same error message.

• vertint01

Hi, Kazen. As soon as we figure out the solution, I'll share it. Right now, still trying to identify the fix.

Sorry you're suffering from the same issue. If you figure out how to fix it, please let me know! 😃

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓

That is expected. You need to do this missing content path resolving, then resaving the project, for every project that used affected library/libraries, because paths to samples are written into Kontakt's plugin data chunk (which ultimately gets saved inside your DAW project file). If you just resolve missing content, then close the project without saving, you're back to the state that was before project was loaded, it would search for samples at the paths that are written into the project file.

This only affects libraries that are not Kontakt Player encoded.

• aninaland
    aninaland Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi, I have a similar or same problem. When I open Logic it pop-ups:

One or more Kontakt instances cannot be recalled correctly, perhaps due to missing content.Please open any Kontakt instance in your host, Komplete Kontrol or Maschine to resolve the issue.

I checked:

Native has full access, the plug-in manager states it to be there, the Library/audio/plug-in files are fine.. (for components as well as vst, vst3)

However, Logic does give access to Guitar Rig(s), Reaktor and Supercharger. Only the Kontakt Player / Komplete Kontrol is not listed. (See attachment)

I have tried accessing Kontakt Player with new/blank projects and already existing projects. It is the same in both cases.

Did @vertint01 @Jeremy_NI you guys find out more to that error message? I hope my message is OK inside this thread.

Thanks for any help 🙏

• Jeremy_NI
    edited August 2022

@aninaland Have you read what @EvilDragon wrote ?

"That is expected. You need to do this missing content path resolving, then resaving the project, for every project that used affected library/libraries, because paths to samples are written into Kontakt's plugin data chunk (which ultimately gets saved inside your DAW project file). If you just resolve missing content, then close the project without saving, you're back to the state that was before project was loaded, it would search for samples at the paths that are written into the project file."

Does that fix your issue?

About Kontakt not showing in your screenshot, you are showing effects here, Kontakt is not an effect.

• aninaland
    aninaland Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hi @Jeremy_NI

Yes I did that, but it did not help, relinking did not work, also after saving and reopeninig. I installed all the NI instruments, effects etc again after relinking, and now it works.. Not sure why now, and not before, but eventually now it works...

Thank you!!

• Jeremy_NI

Thanks for letting us know, happy that you found a way to fix it.