TRAKTOR KONTROL Z1 + iPad Pro 2021 11"

karlphilip
karlphilip Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited January 2022 in Traktor Software & Hardware

Hi,

I just bought an iPad pro 11" (M1, USB C) and a TRAKTOR KONTROL Z1.

I really loved the idea on creating a mix with those two handy products.

With great disappointment I realized that Traktor DJ 2 doesn't work with TRAKTOR KONTROL Z1.

It works just as an audio interface that's it.

TRAKTOR KONTROL Z1 Knobs, faders will not be recognized by Traktor DJ 2 on iPad pro 11" (M1, USB C).

Please help me with that issue,

Thanks

Philip

Tagged:

Comments

• Thomas_J
    Thomas_J Member Posts: 6 Member

Hi Philip,

What type of cable do you use to connect your iPad Pro usb-c to the Z1 ?

Once connected, is the Z1 powered on ? (LEDs are on)

• Karlos Santos
    Karlos Santos Member Posts: 136 Advisor

Welcome to the forum.

The Z1 and Traktor DJ2 are definitely compatible.

Unfortunately there are issues with M1 Macs that are being worked on by NI. Whether this applies to iPad Pro as well, I do not know.

@Ryan @ NI may be able to clarify.

Karlos.

• markski
    markski Member Posts: 26 Helper

Strange. I have a 2021 iPad Air and Traktor DJ 2 works perfectly with the Z1 - soundcard, all faders, pots, LED's etc. Are you connecting via a USB hub connected to the iPad or directly? I tested using a USB-C to USB A cable and it works fine.

• karlphilip
    karlphilip Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited January 2022

Hi @Karlos Santos, Hi @markski , Hi @Thomas_J

Thank you for your message.

I am using a USB C to USB A cable too. If I connect the same cable from Z1 to my MacBook Pro (Intel), using the mac version of Traktor DJ 2 everything works great. The iPadAir 2021 does not have the M1 processor, could this be the problem?

In addition,

the recording function does not work on the ipad Pro 2021. Traktor DJ 2 Mac version does not have this issue.

@markski is ist possible to record a mix on the iPad Air 2021?

Philip

• TeLLy
    TeLLy Member Posts: 71 Advisor

@markski the issue is the M1 chip. My 2021 iPad Pro is similarly crippled when it comes to NI interfaces now, no matter what combination of OEM or aftermarket cabling I've tried.

M1 also obviously breaks any hacks/workarounds for getting NI legacy gear like S4MK1, X1MK1, Rig Kontrol, to work with latest MacOS. Glad I haven't thrown out my old MBP yet.

Hi @Karlos Santos!

• Karlos Santos
    Karlos Santos Member Posts: 136 Advisor

***old farts klaxon***

Hi @TeLLy very nice to see you here. I think @chilly is here too.

• Wyley
    Wyley Member Posts: 239 Pro

Yeah they pop their heads in once and awhile. I think they've all grown up now or did they?

• TeLLy
    TeLLy Member Posts: 71 Advisor

I left the forums for a while to focus on other life stuff but I keep in touch with the OGs on the old-person social media platforms. It's refreshing to see other DJ's faces and how OLD we are now.