Ask Kontakt 8 creators anything

Comments

• randybobandy
    randybobandy Member Posts: 5 Member

The new stuff sounds fun but I would prefer the basics improved. The UI is ugly and pixelated, surely high time for hi res graphics?!

The other thing is migration in templates. Can you simply call it Kontakt and not Kontakt 8? Then it would always work. Kontakt 6 was like this but then 7 added the numeric.

• Stephen Goldberg
    Stephen Goldberg Member Posts: 1 Member

• Will there be any instruments that work in Kontakt 7 that won't work in Kontakt 8? I had this problem when upgrading to Kontakt 7.

• Will Kontakt 8 be more or less likely to crash than with Kontak 7? I got more crashes after upgrading to Kontakt 7? I'm not sure, though, whether the crashing has had to do with upgrading to Kontakt 7 or whether it may be a problem with Logic Pro (11.0.1) or the Mac System (Sonoma 14.8.1), which I also upgraded at about the same time.

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,620 mod

Just using the same name won't help with migration, that's based on plugin IDs. Personally, if I opened existing projects and there was an automatic "We're now going to load K8 instead of K7" I'd hit the roof! I'd far rather manage that change than have someone else do it automatically. And I agree completely about the graphics.

• Ty Barron
    Ty Barron Member Posts: 9 Member

Can you multi output drums in K8?

• Ireground
    Ireground Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

How about under the hood? The sampling part. Is it improved? Can we audition slices? Is it resizable? More modern?

• Puranon
    Puranon Member Posts: 17 Member

Unlock discontinued Kontakt 2, 3, 4 as freeware to help people with older projects.

• Syncopator
    Syncopator Member Posts: 27 Member
    edited September 23

Are you familiar with the Batch Resave feature? I've found that it greatly decreases load times. I keep a list of all of my libraries on which I've run Batch Resave. It's fantastic. 😊

• Syncopator
    edited September 23

I'm curious why you'd ever want to migrate a project. What does one gain by migrating old projects?

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,620 mod

Primarily it ensures they can still be opened as operating systems change.

• Syncopator

As long as the previous version of Kontakt still loads and works, why is migration in a template necessary? Can't the template just continue to run on Kontakt 7 or 6 (etc.)? Why would every instance of Kontakt in a template need to be changed? (Asking sincerely.)

• Monochrome
    Monochrome Member Posts: 1,316 Expert
    edited September 23

Not sure how helpful it is, but I stumbled across a livestream video the other day by a channel called "SLEEP FREAKS". Said livestream was actually held two weeks ago and it's fully in Japanese only.

They showed (among other things) Kontakt 8, it's new Phrases/Chords/Leap tools and Conflux in action.

Didn't understand a thing, but it was pretty interesting still.

• Beatsandmore
    Beatsandmore Member Posts: 83 Helper
    edited September 23

Looks like komplete kontrol 3 software.. I don't see subbanks?

• Shanald
    Shanald Member Posts: 6 Member

Please return The Wrench Icon!

As a maker of microtonal music the wrench icon was the sole reason I upgraded to Kontakt years ago.

Now, without 'the wrench icon' there is no ability to do microtonal music or abnormal tunings. As of K7 it seems to be rare for an instrument have 'the wrench' anymore.

Thankfully I recently realized the old 'Kontakt Factory Library' still allows editing/scripting/microtonality/notes per octave etc. / / / but not the new one', "Kontakt Factory Library 2'. Even for the EXACT SAME instruments contained in both versions.

At this point I won't be upgrading until assured the scripting features will remain.

As far as the new features to assist in composing/music theory/chords/sequencing etc., . . . I don't need anything like that.

• LoveEnigma
    LoveEnigma Member Posts: 113 Advisor
    edited September 23

Not sure if this was already posted, but just found a support article on Kontakt 8's Browser. Interesting to see Expansions can be browsed via Kontakt now. Are we moving from Komplete Kontrol software to Kontakt in the near future?

Guess probably not anytime soon if at all since KK acts as a plugin host too. I think adding Expansions to Kontakt is for using them with new Leap sampler?

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/20878889032733-The-New-Browser-Categories-in-Kontakt-8

This discussion has been closed.