Battery 4 development

Comments

• SaschaFranck
    SaschaFranck Member Posts: 151 Helper

That might be the best solution. But then, the future of PA is already tied to NI's future, Dirk Ulrich (their CEO) left the sinking ship already, so things aren't looking too bright.

Too bad as GR has some USPs. But it looks as if they removed some features I always loved, such as it working as a MIDI controlled plugin. Can't confirm, though, as I haven't even updated to version 6 (and likely never will).

• catch-22
    catch-22 Member Posts: 94 Helper

If you're in Cubase you can use Groove Agent SE, no need to buy anything. Depending on workflow just the Sampler Track could work as well.

Regarding NI's PE ownership, I'd take Vocalpoint's opinion with a grain of salt. It's speculation and oversimplification. There might be some truth to it because similar things happend in the past to other companies but one can't predict the future reliably that way.

• catch-22
    catch-22 Member Posts: 94 Helper

I doubt PA would take over GR. I suspect there is a framework used at NI for all their products. Extracting a single product from it and move it over to another company which uses another framework sounds like more pain than gain.

• Simon A. Billington
    Simon A. Billington Member Posts: 111 Helper

I imagine they will be ultimately working towards merging and simplifying their frameworks in order to cut down on maintenance costs. Those kind of things tend to take companies several years tow work towards. It might be their 5 year plan.

• nightjar
    nightjar Member Posts: 1,322 Guru

I see evidence of a " 5 year plan" (or 3 year or ?) that has been taking shape rather aggressively since 2023. And I think a merging and simplification of their frameworks is a key goal. And a very smart goal.

This will benefit most everyone.. users, NI and the PE investors.

The creative purpose of tool like Battery might be better offered within one of the simplified frameworks.

What might that be? The framework within Play Assist?

• Ojustaboo
    Ojustaboo Member Posts: 312 Advisor
    edited September 20

if anyone’s interested, I have one of each of the following

70% off voucher for Cubase Pro 13, so you pay £147.60 inc UK vat

70% off voucher for Absolute 6, so you pay £127.20 inc UK vat (includes HALion 7 pro and Grove Agent 5 pro)

70% off voucher for Wavelab, so you pay £127.20 inc UK vat

70% off voucher for Dorico, so you pay £147.60 inc UK vat

In the past week I’ve bought all the above, for that price I couldn’t resist.

• chk071
    chk071 Member Posts: 525 Pro
    edited September 16

You can even use Groove Agent SE in other DAWs, if you have a license of Cubase LE or higher.

https://o.steinberg.net/index.php?id=15224&L=0

Of course, the full Groove Agent has a lot more features.

That said, Battery's and Groove Agent SE's library are pretty different, and, Battery IMO is much more focused on electronic genres than Groove Agent SE's library.

• oobe79
    oobe79 Member Posts: 122 Advisor

I've said it many times. Given Battery's quirks and lack of support, I moved on to a couple of other options. Namely, XO and Playbeat. These compliment each other well, and XO is a far, far superior librarian. You can audition all sounds without zero latency, instantly, and intelligence using AI. It goes on sale several times a year for $79, which is the most value I've ever gotten out of a plugin. People seem to love Atlas and Triaz as well, but they would be superfluous in my workflow. Whether NI continues development of Battery or not is something I just don't care about anymore.

• Ojustaboo
    edited September 20

if anyone’s interested, I have one of each of the following

70% off voucher for Cubase Pro 13, so you pay £147.60 inc UK vat

70% off voucher for Absolute 6, so you pay £127.20 inc UK vat (includes HALion 7 pro and Grove Agent 5 pro)

70% off voucher for Wavelab, so you pay £127.20 inc UK vat

70% off voucher for Dorico, so you pay £147.60 inc UK vat

In the past week I’ve bought all the above, for that price I couldn’t resist.

My Cubase vouchers have now both been used (turns out I had two, not one)  

I still have the following 70% off vouchers.

Three Absolute 6 Pro, vouchers, one  Wavelab Pro voucher and one Dorico Pro voucher.

While I still love Kontakt, Halion 7 is very good and getting it as part of the Absolute 6 package along with Groove Agent 5 , Pad shop 2, FM Lab, Retrologue, Backbone and quite a few other things, all for £127 (instead of the usual £424), well in my opinion if you can afford it, it's a bargain not to be missed

• Ojustaboo
    edited September 20

Got in a mess editing post, created this post by mistake, please delete

• Maciej Repetowski
    Maciej Repetowski Member Posts: 665 Guru

If one is using Cubase, this is an amazing offer and very strong ecosystem of first party plugins.

• SaschaFranck

Seriously, that Absolute 6 package is a great offer, even for those outside of the Steinberg ecosystem. I'm using Logic, own Komplete 12 Ultimate, Zebra 2 and what not, but still, those b0rg synths and such (and obviously Groove Agent) are a really nice addition to my arsenal. IMO defenitely a no-brainer for €150.

• SaschaFranck

As said, I'm using Logic - and Absolute 6 is just as nice to have (sure, Mediabay integration must be even better).

• SaschaFranck

Fwiw, just learned about this today, offer is only valid until tomorrow, but Thomann is having a big software sale, you can get XLN Audio's XO for a mere €43.

• SaschaFranck

Fwiw, I bought XLN XO and apart from the sample organisation it's a complete mess. Money wasted. Could've demoed more thoroughly but time for the sale was running out.