Komplete 15 Collectors Edition - Worth it?

George Wood
George Wood Member Posts: 11 Member

Hi guys,

I've currently got Komplete 14 Collectors edition, and am considering upgrading to 15 Collectors edition when it's released.

The upgrade pricing seems a little steep at £449; I'm now wondering if I'd be better waiting for a sale? What's the general consensus on what 15 has to offer, and is it worth the additional cost?

Kind regards,

George

Tagged:

Comments

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 1,856 Expert

Hey George

On paper - just two or three of the major "new" products you would get with K15CE would easily crank up to £449.

Next sale on K15 would be Summer of Sound 2025 if history serves.

But it's really only you who can decide if the cost is worth the value.

VP

• iNate
    iNate Member Posts: 211 Advisor
    edited September 3

The prices are high and kept that way to make bundling a no brainer. Once you've recouped the production costs, there is no need to sell libraries at insane prices, because the margins are high - at that point - and you can keep them on the market for a decade+ without having to invest heavily in maintenance.

This is why many other sample library developers push their products down via perpetual promotional pricing (East West, 8DIO, IKM, etc.) or have [far more] frequent sales on them (Musio, Spitfire, etc.).

So, saying "But Choir: Omnia is $399 on its own…" doesn't really hit as hard as you think it does. There are viable alternatives that are routinely being sold at far lower price points.

Personally, I think I am done upgrading Komplete (on Komplete 13 UCE) and I think I'm going to sit on Kontakt 7 for as long as possible instead of upgrading quickly - as I did off of Kontakt 6.

I don't need more Library and Expansion bloat…

• Vocalpoint

Certainly not disagreeing with you. We all know how this works.

For me - the cost/value analysis comes down to what I can get AND what I am going to use - at the best price point.

It’s a free market. Buy or don’t buy. It’s all up to the user. Each will have their own reasons.

VP

• pnutbutta
    pnutbutta Member Posts: 20 Member

Im thinking about upgrading to CE15 from Ult 13. Most interested in the expasions than the additional orchestral libraries. So I am wondering what expansions they are adding to that version...or if its still just all the old expansions.

I wish they would make a CE expansion upgrade or "update".

• Vocalpoint

There is a comprehensive listing of what is in each on the Native Instruments Site.

Here is what is new for expansions in K15CE:

Maschine Expansions

Bazzazian

Borough Chops

Drift Theory

Drum State

Echo Versions

Hazy Days

Higher Place

Rare Vibrations

Rolling Tides

Velvet Bloom