R E T I N A. Still waiting in 2024. Surreal.

Comments

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,907 mod
  • Isotoxin
    Isotoxin Member Posts: 198 Advisor
    edited July 22

I see. You are using Mac because you can afford it. Not everybody is smart enough to adjust settings on his laptop to look sharp and not fuzzy. And that's OK. Someone has bigger wallet and someone has more brain wrinkles. That's fine. We are all different.

• djmake
    djmake Member Posts: 8 Member
    edited July 22

Why is there so much negativity on the forum, it's already being slowly realized step by step according to the previous route map, yet there are still people egging it on, it's because other brands are stirring up trouble because they're worried that Traktor will resurrect itself again and take away their current market share!

• Isotoxin
    edited July 22

What do you think we should do? Cry and whine like others? 5 messages in the row from the same user on how we are still waiting and how our eyes are burning/leaking?

I see the roadmap and just waiting for the update. Up to this, I'm trying to mitigate the impact with workarounds and recommendations. But these "users with problems" always whine and whine, again, and again, and again in the same sub. Like a broken turntable. Maybe admins should create and pin a post like "Corner for the tears" for them?

• leesinthemix
    leesinthemix Member Posts: 319 Guru
    edited July 22

It's quicker, but you'll lose the swing of the live percussion if you warp your old records, which is where all the magic is.

No worries on your other point :)

• dannys1
    dannys1 Member Posts: 18 Member

Thanks for the heads up though! I tried it out today, pretty amazing, I threw something very much loose tempo and it did a pretty good job overall without any input from myself.

I'd played with Djay Pro on Vision Pro (where it's very basic but fun for a laugh) and on iPhone before. Today was the first day I loaded it up on the Mac and it really is quite impressive, it's just a shame my controllers won't work with it. I'm struggling to find anything Traktor has it doesn't - and a whole loads of stuff it has that Traktor does not. It even has the 4 decks with a separate loop player and sound fx player thing I wanted too.

Hmmmm.

• Owner
    Owner Member Posts: 477 Guru

Nah, sorry Bro' โ€ฆ There is still no reason to be a ****** head about it!

Criticize: ok / argue: ok / represent a point of view: ok. but you can leave the rest alone. it's annoying.

Volltreffer. Bei diesem Thema wรผrde mich ja die Meinung von User Kubrak brennend interessieren ๐Ÿ˜†

• Isotoxin
    edited July 23

"Look quite clearly all of you vehemently opposed to it can't afford to use a Mac and that's fine."

To which category the word-epithet "beggar" should be assigned according to You? Critique? Arguing? Representation of the point of view?

• Owner
    Owner Member Posts: 477 Guru
    edited July 23

also not very convincing of you. if you feel so superior yourself, not just in this thread by the way, then rise above it or leave it alone.

it's about, as already mentioned, that with certain topics it's pointless to discuss things with people if they don't want to be dissuaded from their opinion. you can count yourself among them. you keep triggering other users, are part of it yourself and are anything but convincing with your arrogant manner. your stupid thumbs down attitude is just embarrassing. just like the "who started it" stuff. kindergarten.

And to quickly make my own point: high-dpi was noted on the last roadmap, as was a daylight mode. Both together would make sense if you have a Mac, as I do. It's a real shame that we still miss it with a version jump of Traktor. It was clear from the start that this topic would come up again and that many would use it as a killer argument. But if you're a Windows user yourself and don't feel affected by it, then it's OK, you can just accept that there are other users who find it annoying and enjoy your user experience, which doesn't seem to be affected. It was the same with all these browser flickering threads, for example.

• dannys1
    dannys1 Member Posts: 18 Member

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• leedaleyyz
    leedaleyyz Member Posts: 1 Member

Retina

Tidal

These are my top two requests. Retina has been a request for years, while Tidal has been just over a year.

There's no doubt, I had every expectation that Traktor Pro 4 would include Retina, because the forum feedback from NI was that it wasn't something coming to Traktor Pro 3 and it is a standard of almost every screen we look at (cellphones, 100%; Macs 100%; and the only exception being someโ€”and maybe mostโ€”PC users).

How many Traktor users have Macs? They have all been looking at fuzzy, pixelated text for a decade.

I would prefer Tidal over Retina, yes, but I expected the upgrade I just paid for to include Retina resolution.

For @lsotoxin, you can't see the difference because your monitor shows everything at the same level of lower pixel density. For all of us looking at retina screens, it is the only fuzzy app on our systems and it strains the eyes.

• Thales de Paula
    Thales de Paula Member Posts: 111 Helper

Those who worry about their retina are DJs who like to look at their computer screen instead of the dance floor.

• PK The DJ
    PK The DJ Member Posts: 1,530 Expert
    edited August 30

it is a standard of almost every screen we look at

No - not by a long way. Windows is the most used OS for computers, with over 72% market share. Mac has less than 15% of the market. For mobile devices, Android is on top. iOS is less than 30%.