Traktor Pro 4 is here!

Comments

• Djazzed
    Djazzed Member Posts: 3 Member

Thank you NI!
    You just got my trust back with such a great update!

Not only you discontinued this subscription nensense, you fixed the most annoying flickering issue and finally implemented stem seperation!
    This is a great update and i am really looking forward to use Traktor4.

With kind regards and graditute,
    Ed

• OliverGross
    OliverGross Member Posts: 57 Helper
    edited July 18

Hi @Gundz,

I can send you a detailed explanation for the new beatgrids by Friedemann that we got. My answer for you was specific for your question, that in such cases you didn't get plain values like 128.000 and that's because of the tempo zone you defined.

Here is the explanation how the FlexiGrids are working in general:

"Traktor FlexiGrids in their current version allow to define multiple zones with steady tempo between two grid markers. It is not making tempo a transition from tempo 1 to tempo 2 by itself.
    So tempo transitions must be realized via multiple grid markers - usually one per bar is enough in areas of strongly fluctuating tempo.

In contrast to the old, steady BPM beat grids, which reset the beat-phase at each new grid marker (keeping the tempo steady throughout the track, FlexiGrids disallow phase skips, by prescribing the tempo between two grid markers to ensure an integer number of beats between two manually set gridmarkers.

This fundamentally changes the way of setting grids away from typing or tapping BPM towards manually setting grid markers and let Traktor calculate the BPM between two markers.
    You can correct Traktor's BPM assumption by typing in a ballpark BPM, which Traktor will round to the next allowed value."

Hope this clarifies it more for you. It's really a clever way to grid such tracks and get a tight syncing overall.

• eevee
    eevee Member Posts: 6 Member

Is it important, though? I'm using Traktor on an M1 Mac Air, UI is perfectly fine. I'm not looking at the screen anyway when 'm mixing because I\m using the S8 and D2s. And that's the setup you wanna get to, in my opinion. Closing the lid of the laptop is such a vibe

• eevee
    eevee Member Posts: 6 Member

WDYM you didn't have any advantages. I'm a Traktor Plus user, too. We had the Ozone Maximizer all this time. That alone made the Plus totally worth it.

• sauce
    sauce Member Posts: 3 Member
    edited July 18

Going by the explanation that was posted in this thread it's a fundamental issue with how the new system works. Phase skips are disallowed, which means that the flexible grids only work correctly if the phase never changes throughout a track and tempo changes always occur exactly at the downbeat position.

This also makes it impossible to correctly map tracks that worked just fine in TP3 (with constant bpm but changes in phase). The grid will be on beat, yes, but the downbeat positions will be incorrect and right now there is no way to change that.

• Owner
    Owner Member Posts: 477 Guru
  • Heisenberg
    Heisenberg Member Posts: 266 Pro
    edited July 18

How much space do stems use, for example if the original is 50 MB, how much is added on top and where is it stored (Windows 11)?

• MrGrumpy
    MrGrumpy Member Posts: 12 Member
    edited July 18

I mean, that's great that you have such good gear. I'm just making an observation on software in 2024, as someone who has worked on software. It's the first thing that jumped out at me when I started using Traktor, I started looking for a setting to change the resolution. It's a superficial first impression thing, but it surprises me that they haven't addressed it given that those first impressions matter when selling software. That's all.

• maniacintosh81
    maniacintosh81 Member Posts: 518 Guru

Depends on original file format. If you have an AAC file you can expect around 5 times of original size as Traktor Stems are AAC files with 5 stereo tracks. If you have lossless audio the file will get smaller as Traktor will also compress the resulting Stem with AAC.

You find the path to your Stem folder in Traktor settings.

• Nick Painter
    Nick Painter Member Posts: 3 Member

Promising update. Very nice to have a subscription free alternative to Pioneer/Alpha Theta. I hope that GPU acceleration for stem separation comes soon as CPU seems much slower than competing implementations like VDJ.

• Hans-O-Matik
    Hans-O-Matik Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

If i buy today an X1 MK3 from an online shop other then NI and register it - will i get a free TP4 licence?

Thanks in Advance

• SED GREEN
    SED GREEN Member Posts: 6 Newcomer

Excellent travail sur traktor Pro 4, pour l'instant mis a part le fais que le traitement des stems doit être fait par titre et pas par groupe.

Mon probleme est sur mon Kontrol S8, Le signal sur mes ecran disparait des lors que je charge un stem analyse, je suis obliger de fare une restauration des paramatres Kontrol s8 pour qu'il puisse afficher correctement.

Avez vous prévu de mettre d'autre fonction sur les bouton du Kontrol S8 comme Supreme EDITION qui ne fonctionne plus et qui rendait le S8 encore pluqs puissant.

Si quelqu'un a une réponse ou si vous êtes dans le même cas.

En tous cas sa fait un moment que j'attendait cette version et je pense que la suite va être BIEN.

• Johannes Drakenberg
    Johannes Drakenberg Member Posts: 4 Member

****** takes FOREVER to analyze, when batch generating stems (45 tracks) takes me about 2 hours with an m2 macbook.

As of now, this is fairly un-usable, i hope this will improve in the future.

This discussion has been closed.