Kontrol 2024 outlook: what was, what now, what next?

Comments

• bycsounds
    bycsounds Member Posts: 13 Member

Unfortunately the Kontrol MK3 61 is in the corner and really unusable, went back to the KKMK2

• Beatsandmore
    Beatsandmore Member Posts: 83 Helper

Hopefully what's in beta right now will fix alot more then just add the split keyboard feature which I'm not looking forward to.. where in July by time most reads this and I'll be on vacation for 17 days so maybe when I get back there will be an update.. I won't hold my breath tho 😆.. I bought the mk3 in October and it's been a slow crawl for NI flagship keyboard. I can't imaging jumping the gun again..

• Skijumptoes
    Skijumptoes Member Posts: 58 Helper

Is there any word when the onboard version of play assist goes into beta? Thanks!

• Super8boy
    Super8boy Member Posts: 85 Helper

what’s the latest version of Komplete Kontrol software one can use with the Kontrol s mk2 keyboards?

Is it 2.9.4 which would mean an OS update could possibly brick very recent keyboards or can KK 3.2.1 work with it?

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 4,631 mod

KK 3.2.1 does work with the MkIIs, just bear in mind the limitations

• MyStudioOne
    MyStudioOne Member Posts: 282 Pro
    edited July 1

3.2.1 is working fine on Windows 11 with my MK2. And I would further add that despite the much dicussed limitations, I do find the browsing experience to be greatly improved which is really the only reason why I am currently using it.

• Super8boy

may I ask what these limitations are? Sorry I’m sure this is discussed loads but the native instruments site doesn’t exactly make that clear

• Kymeia

Well for one thing if you have projects loading the VST2 version they probably won't load in the VST3 so you might want to spend some time migrating them over first. The interface is very different and takes some getting used to, some of the more power user features of the 2x KK haven't been ported to the 3x yet (eg NKS properties editing) but otherwise it does the job.

• Super8boy

ok thanks.
    but once template editing is available in the soon to be released new 3. Version, it will also work with k S mk2 keyboards right?

How about the play assist (and in particular standalone play assist)? I presume that will only be for the mk3?

• MyStudioOne
    MyStudioOne Member Posts: 282 Pro
    edited July 1

Ironically, midi editing and play assist have worked from day 1 in V.3.x on the MK2. No different than on 2.9.6. It is only missing on the mk3.

• Kymeia
    edited July 2

No it won't, the new template editor is built into the MkIII keyboards so isn't available on device for the MkII and nor is it possible to add it due to differences in the hardware capabilities. However template editing and play assist are there already in Komplete Kontrol itself for MkII users.

• Paul Derrington
    Paul Derrington Member Posts: 9 Member

Maschine Integration! Maschine Integration! Maschine Integration! The idea NI would not integrate their own hardware into their own software is mind boggling! Whoever made that decision should be written up and put on notice! As an Engineer and Project Manager myself, I can't see how that was ever an option. The main feature and draw to NI is the integration of the ecosystem. I really want to buy one of the new keyboards but will not do it until it works with Maschine! Duplicate features are not desired but being able to utilize all the capabilities of the keyboard within the ecosystem is a must.

• Couch_King
    Couch_King Member Posts: 20 Member

I can understand removing the Maschine specific buttons from the Kontrol S hardware to make it less confusing. But removing the browser integration, scale mode, RGB syncronization and transport control features just seems like a big F U to those of us who use both. Seeing as they fairly recently implemented the Komplete Kontrol S keyboards into their standalone software for Maschine Plus makes it really mind boggling that they wouldn't use that as a selling point for new users to get on board with both products.

• JacekJ
    JacekJ Member Posts: 3 Newcomer

My KK 61 MK3 sits in corner and eats dust. I use Arturia Keystep Thomann edition instead. I am highly disapointed , form december nothing happened with KK. Promises are not enough.

This discussion has been closed.