Kontrol 2024 outlook: what was, what now, what next?

Comments

• godamnpablo
    godamnpablo Member Posts: 24 Member

hey guys,
    i finally bought s49 mk3 and i have a question - do your knobs have different tension? some are working "easier" than other

• Oscar Morante
    Oscar Morante Member Posts: 71 Helper

The knobs in my s61 mk3 are all pretty much the same in tension. But I've had that with a Machine mk3 in the past.

• Maciej Repetowski
    Maciej Repetowski Member Posts: 666 Guru

Mine are all pretty much the same on S49 Mk3.

• BIF
    BIF Member Posts: 945 Guru

Mine are the same on S61 MK3.

• Stormchild
    Stormchild Member Posts: 57 Advisor

Hope the MIDI template functionality is on par with what we had on the KKS mk1 series. If so, I'll finally be able to buy a mk3 soon. It's been sitting in my Amazon list for 8 months.

• BIF

@Matthew_NI , thank you for the status update. I'm interested in how this will work out in beta and beyond! MIDI templates is a bit beyond my use-case scenario, so I think other people would make for a better beta tester than I would.

A technical question for you though:

If a person doesn't have a MK3 keyboard as yet, could they still participate in the beta? Can it be done with a MK1? Or is MK2 the minimum?

This doesn't apply to me since I have a MK3, but the answer might make a difference to any number of other forum members here; hence why I asked it.

Thanks in advance, and I wish the devs and the beta team lots of luck on this one. This is a big one, for sure!

• Maciej Repetowski
    Maciej Repetowski Member Posts: 666 Guru

I presume as this is “on device”, only Mk3 controllers are applicable here.

• Matthew_NI
    Matthew_NI Product Team Posts: 1,286 mod

Yeah - this applies to MK3 users

• BIF

@Maciej Repetowski @Matthew_NI

Thank you both for the clarification!

You KNOW somebody will run into the problem, right? 😉

• synthetic
    synthetic Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

I'm trying to use Kontrol S88 with Apple Mainstage. It would be helpful if the MIDI features were available in the Kontrol plug-in, so I could assign different-colored lights to each keyboard split. OR if standalone Kontrol allowed me to assign an instrument to each split, I could ditch Mainstage completely.

• MorrisEd
    MorrisEd Member Posts: 147 Advisor

Not interested in taking anymore rides on the “almost ready” train. I don’t even think I would start using the MK3 again if NI delivered something over and above the MK2, which I am certain they won’t. I am expecting some expansion of the current 2 pages of CC messages, but still limited in some way relative to the MK2. I couldn’t guess how, but that is the pattern. It will be worse or less.

• Matthew_NI

Standalone MIDI Templates will allow you to create key splits with independent MIDI channels and keybed settings to control discrete instruments at the same time, yes.

• Beatsandmore
    Beatsandmore Member Posts: 83 Helper

Hi I believe this the week to release something. Will there be any bug fixes also..

• Matthew_NI

Yes, and yes. But this week it goes out to beta, not public.

This discussion has been closed.