Can I purchase Kontakt 6.6.1 ?

LHJL
LHJL Member Posts: 5 Member
edited April 2022 in Kontakt

I would like to know if I able to purchase Kontakt 6.6.1. (it's not that old)

I am certain my PC will not support 6.7. I understand

6.6.1 is older etc .... I have money here waiting just not

enough to shell out on an entirely new system just to upgrade an OS

to run 6.7. Currently the makers of the plugins I have now, have not made

any updates for newer OS's and I am still using them, it's a lot of money on plugins to

throw away otherwise. Please understand this is not an invitation to start arguments over

an OS and it's apparent security issues. The PC in question does not have internet so security is not an issue.

TIA

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,299 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey @LHJL I assume that you are on Windows 7. On this page you should be able to download the version of Kontakt 6.6.1, the last one compatible: Compatibility of Native Instruments Products on Windows

For some libraries Kontakt 6 Player might be enough and you might not even need to buy Kontakt 6. If you do, you can buy it and install this version. One very important thing to mention is that you will need to bring internet to this computer, at least for the activation part, as stated on all our products pages.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Hey @LHJL No worries, yes, if you're eligible, then you should buy the crossgrade, you'll get the full version, only cheaper :)

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Hey @LHJL I assume that you are on Windows 7. On this page you should be able to download the version of Kontakt 6.6.1, the last one compatible: Compatibility of Native Instruments Products on Windows

For some libraries Kontakt 6 Player might be enough and you might not even need to buy Kontakt 6. If you do, you can buy it and install this version. One very important thing to mention is that you will need to bring internet to this computer, at least for the activation part, as stated on all our products pages.

• LHJL

Yes Win7, Plugins such as those made by Air Music and Sonivox haven't been updated yet.

PC can have internet via its own separate hub which is only ever switched on for activations and such.

I have used Kontakt player, kontakt instruments I have are

limted to demo mode with this. I will need Full Kontakt for those. If I can Have 6.6.1 I'll be happy.

Thankyou for not lecturing me about OS's, I really appreciate that :-)

• LHJL
    edited April 2022

I have installed kontakt player 6.6.1 and I already have Olympus choir,

checkout page informs me I am eligible for a cross grade to Kontakt 6,

So if I pay know does this mean I have the full version kontakt?

I am am very new to this, forgive me on that part.

TIA

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

Hey @LHJL No worries, yes, if you're eligible, then you should buy the crossgrade, you'll get the full version, only cheaper :)

• LHJL

Thanks muchly :-D this was an unexpected surprise :-)