Kontrol-S series MK3 lack of Maschine integration, WHY IS THAT?

COTK
COTK Member Posts: 5 Member
edited 1:50PM in Komplete Kontrol

So I was VERY excited to pick up my new Kontrol-S series keyboard, early this week to now seriously contemplating sending it back, because it's NOT compatible with my Maschine MK3. R U SERIOUS!!! why is that? hopefully there's some type of software or firmware update.

NI please explain.

Thanks

Comments

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,622 mod

There was a comment about this in the "Kontrol 2024 outlook" thread here - Kontrol 2024 outlook: what was, what now, what next? — Community (native-instruments.com)

The relevant comment was

• Maschine integration. Since very few users used this and it was confusing to everyone else, it wasn’t something we were willing to prioritize at the expense of other features. Basic Transport integration may return at some point, but not to the prior depth.

• COTK

Sooooo how can it truly be KOMPLETE KONTROL! if your Native Instruments software & hardware products that us users have don't really control and talk to each other? That should be the basics I would think, my kontrol keyboard should control Maschine 1st before Logic, Pro tools, etc.

• mykejb
    mykejb Moderator Posts: 1,622 mod

I think it wasn't prioritised because the feature usage information passed back to NI showed it wasn't being used. I'd suggest adding a comment to the K2024 outlook thread I linked above if it's something you'd like adding back.

• COTK

Oh Ok thanks Mykejb

• MorrisEd
    MorrisEd Member Posts: 147 Advisor
    edited April 7

Honestly, you should return it. The experience only gets worse when you find out 1) no midi templates or even ability to change midi channel; 2) NKS2 doesn’t allow modifying control mappings, which means you will always work in “classic” mode (exactly the same as MK2 but thank heavens they included it); 3) parameter labels are random collections of no more than 5 or 6 letters vs. full words on MK2; 4) impossible to hit zero (or any targeted value) with any of the knobs..it seems they move in random increments, which is majorly annoying; and 5) DAW track selection only works by pushing the data encoder 1 by one to the right or left vs. using the buttons above each track on the MK2. I can’t sugar coat it. The MK3 is the worst midi controller I have ever used. It does nothing useful. Absolutely nothing. I have been using my MK2 mainly along with M-Audio Oxygen Pro (way better controller at less than half the price). The good news is NI totally destroyed the used value of Maschine MK3 and Maschine Plus due to ambiguity about continued support, so you can get a deal on those now. Same situation with KK MK2, very good value right now.

This discussion has been closed.