Sticky mouse cursor - Useful or Slow?

Ross9999
Ross9999 Member Posts: 6 Member
edited March 2022 in Maschine

Hi all,

Just wondering what you all think of the feature?

Personally I preferred it much more when the mouse cursor didn't lock to knobs for a second after adjusting them as it really slows down my workflow.

Also really looking forward to the Auto Project Recovery thanks so much NI team :)!!

Tagged:

Comments

• Kaiwan_NI
    Kaiwan_NI Administrator Posts: 2,557 admin

Sounds like a cursor lag issue because of CPU power to me? 🤔

Glad to hear you're looking forward to the next update. Excited here as well!

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,879 mod

I think he's talking about the fact that when you use the mouse to "rotate" a Knob after you finish the mouse pointer stays in the place it started instead of where it would be if the mouse kept moving while the knob is being "rotated".

I like it how it is right now, staying in place, I don't see much advantage in the pointer ending up in some other random place but this is subjective.

• Ross9999

@D-One Perhaps explains it better

In previous versions of maschine the mouse cursor would move freely to a new position on the screen after you finish adjusting a knob, now it stays locked to the knob while your adjusting it - which makes sense but it also stays locked there for a second after you finish adjusting the knob, so if you move the mouse in this locked state your mouse is then the other side of the mouse mat and the cursor is still in center of the screen - I just find it really slow if you want to make some quick adjustments to multiple knobs.

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,879 mod

Ohh... I see.

Yes, I would agree... it does feel a little bit laggy, like the mouse "sticks" there for longer than necessary... It feels like.. idk, 500ms or something, maybe more. It is especially noticeable if you use the mouse on a knob then immediately try to move it somewhere else, that's when we can really see the "stickiness" (for lack of a better term).

Other NI apps also have this 'keep the cursor in place' feature without feeling sticky, but it's particularly bad in Maschine and KK. TBH I don't remember this being different tho 🤷‍♂️

• Ross9999

Hey D-One, yeah that's what I mean! :)

I'm pretty sure it was different, I was jumping between controls quick easily in the previous versions and now all of a sudden I feel it's 'grabbing' the mouse cursor allot more, just really odd to programme it like that, I find it super slow for my workflow, as you have to wait for the half second before you can change to another control, it's especially noticeable jumping quickly between two parameters to find a sweet spot.