About new hardware.....

Comments

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod

It is a cool controller but definitely need an update, it has been 3 years without any update to this controller.

It could as well be dead product as there are bugs and missing features that NI doesn't care to fix/improve all this years :(

• Aquadics
    Aquadics Member Posts: 59 Helper
    edited January 2022

@Stevan There is always room for improvements but which controller update would you like to see ?

Its more likely that the required desktop software (Traktor Pro) needs to be modernised.

Compared to the latest Traktor hardware release (S3) I see the S4 still as an improvement. Also compared to controller from other companies I would not hesitate to buy a S4 mk3 today.

MIDI and iPad support could be added with a firmware update to S4 but it looks like NI don't want to make us happy :-(. Of course in MIDI mode it would be difficult to support the motorised platter.

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru

I agree. I’m kind of gutted I sold mine. I went down the Denon prime route. I have a Traktor S8 now and it’s ace. I love it. Last me for years to come.

• D2Lover
    D2Lover Member Posts: 42 Helper

What things do you are bugs ? what are the missing features ? it works just as well today as it did on day one for me. I also think it's been a slow burner as time moves on more people seem to be trying it out and falling in love with it.

• Stevan
    Stevan Traktor Mapping Mod Posts: 1,621 mod

The following are the mose importaint ones, there are a few more.

-Jog LED Ring position is not 1:1 with the platter itself.

-Overmapping issue with LED Output.

-Overmapping issue with SAMPLES button.

-Cannot midi-learn Jog wheels.

-Cannot midi-learn Jog LED Ring.

-No midi mode. S4 is useless besides Traktor software currently.

• Aquadics

@Stevan

I am pretty sure all this could be addressed with firmware/software updates. Unfortunately NI don’t seem to be willing to make any changes to the firmware.

Only targeting new DJ’s will make them loose more and more loyal user.

• Aquadics

@Tellmeaboutit123 It sounds like you are really regretting to go the Denon route.

For me it was definitely an improvement. I would say another level of DJ’ing of course at a different price tag :-)

• Tellmeaboutit123
    Tellmeaboutit123 Member Posts: 493 Guru

The only regret I have is the money I spent. Great bit of kit is Denon, with an ever improving software and with flexi beatgrids, it’s better than Traktor for those awkward old skool, funk and disco tracks. What I missed with Traktor was the creative side, sounds quality and the effects. If they can get flexi grids it will be tops.

• D2Lover

Fair enough, I can see how these things can be a problem if you plan to use them.

• tac0cat
    tac0cat Member Posts: 27 Member

The Supreme Mod on an s8 is a game-changer and brought so much life to it that I only use my s4mk3 when traveling.

• D2Lover
  • markski
    markski Member Posts: 26 Helper
    edited January 2022

With more devices being released with spinning platters such as the Rane One, Rane 12, Denon DJ SC6000M and the new Pioneer DDJ-REV7 (plus of course Phase DJ), proper HID support for them in Traktor is a must IMHO. I'd even be prepared to pay an extra 'bolt on' licence fee to get proper support for these devices. With Pioneer constantly trying to take take Rane's customers with their S7/S9/S11 mixers and now the DDJ-REV7, a partnership with Rane seems like a no brainer to me. I'd cop a Rane One and sell my s9 for a Rane 72 in a heartbeat if there was proper, legitimate Traktor support.

• WilliamThaKonqueror
    WilliamThaKonqueror Member Posts: 17 Member

Imagine if all Pioneer products were made Traktor ready, that means Pioneer would have RecordBox, Serato and Traktor all under the umbrella.

If Pioneer wants to take out Serato, this would be a very smart thing to do... However, IDK if Native has this king of mindset,

• Wyley
    Wyley Member Posts: 239 Pro
    edited January 2022

I think pioneer and serato created a successful racketeering system. They both cash in on each other’s brand.

I’m shocked that the rane one and the lc6000 was not supported in Traktor from day 1. The rest is understandable.