S4 Mk3 Sound and BPM reading glitches when track is stopped.

EJM
EJM Member Posts: 4 Member

Hello,

I have been DJing for around 18months and run a very basic set up using the S4 Mk3 and Traktor Pro 3. Recently, I have experienced hectic sound glitching on my controller when the track has stopped (if I am searching through the track), and when it is playing the BPM reading is jumping/glitching. After the track is stopped and cued the sound of the glitching is also coming through the speakers, which is not great, as I have a gig coming up and don't want this to happen in the club!

System running is :

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020) IOS Monterey, 1.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5. I still have over 250GB of free space on the laptop.

*The firmware for the S4 Mk3 is up to date. TP3 is version 3.52.

I am still learning everything sound, so any tips/recommended TP3 settings on how to stop this would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks in advance,

EJ

Best Answer

Answers

• Karlos Santos
    Karlos Santos Member Posts: 136 Advisor
    edited April 2022

It's worth checking, where are your speakers when you are mixing at home? If they are on the same surface as the controller they can vibrate the jog wheels and cause this kind of issue.

• EJM

Hi Karlos,

The speakers are on seperate stands away from the mixer, the mixer is on a desk alone (mixer is in a flight case). I have changed the audio settings as suggested via the link above, hopefully this helps.

• lord-carlos
    lord-carlos Member Posts: 2,216 Expert

Can you take a video of it happening?

Maybe I have a similar issue. Sometimes I have some faint noise after a track played. It seems like the s4mk3 jogs thinks someone is moving them. If I gently touch them it goes away.

• EJM

I have since changed my settings as per the link above suggested, and have also turned down my latency settings. Since doing this, I've only noticed it happening once. If it happens again, I'll post a vid.