Previous versions of recently updated Kontakt libraries / compatibility with K6 older libraries

Comments

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 11,395 mod

@josenacha Thanks for reporting that, the file was corrupted indeed, I've put a new one with a fresh link.

• guyvandergraaf
    guyvandergraaf Member Posts: 8 Member

Is it possible to repost the entire list for KONTAK 7.4.2, NO KONTAKT 6.... here again now?

---I tried to download from that list but many files get the message "too many users have downloaded this file, try again in 24 hours!!! that is, I spent money to switch from KOMPLITE 13 to 14 and I have been your customer for years also because with NATIVE ACCESS it was possible to keep everything in order and under control...now it's a mess....but why don't you allow users who have NATIVE ACCESS 1 to have the right versions for the operating system that can't support NATIVE ACCESS 2? "Is it that difficult? Please give us this gift soon in 2024

---I have already uninstalled Ashlight and other staff that were not working on Catalina but the ghosts of files remain in the system and also in Machine….Now I am spending hours and hours to fix this mess! How to do it properly?

For NI --- However your support is always very fast and thorough and I thank you but please keep the old stuff working as best as possible for everyone, don't leave anyone behind because they can't afford a new Imac.

thanks

• Paul B
    Paul B Member Posts: 129 Advisor

I feel like I'm missing something here. I'm not complaining, but I loaded up an old unfinished Ableton Live set today which used Lo-Fi Glow on Kontakt 6, created before the 2.0 update. The Lo-Fi Glow release notes in Native Access say Kontakt 7.6 is required. But my set loads fine and the instruments play. I haven't yet got to transferring any old instances of Kontakt 6 to Kontakt 7, because Live does not support automatic replacement and I almost always make adjustments after loading an instrument, so those have to be transferred to a Kontakt 7 instance – I can't just load the same instrument because it will not sound the same without them. So of course I am happy to find this old set just working without having to downgrade the instrument!

If I add a new instance of Kontakt 6 and try to load Lo-Fi Glow into it I get the message that my version of Kontakt is too old and I must upgrade to use it.

This is not a problem because I own Kontakt 7, and am using that in new sets. But if Lo-Fi Glow is not compatible, how is it working in the existing instances of Kontakt 6? And if it is working there, why can't NI make it backward compatible for loading in new instances (with new features that require Kontakt 7 hidden/disabled) so that people don't have to go through this process of installing old versions and making sure they don't forget and accidentally upgrade in Native Access (no "update all" then)? Clearly it loads and works in Kontakt 6 if previously loaded before the update and saved into a Live set. It just can't be loaded into a new instance.

I also feel like when Native Instruments decided to change the numbering and plugin ID so that 7 was not a drop in replacement for 6, they should have provided a mechanism for automatic replacement with 7 that did not rely on the DAW developers building in support. It was inevitable that some developers would not do it and leave us having to manually save snapshots and load them in Kontakt 7. I know it's probably too late for that now, but I hope and trust that Native Instruments have learned from both the K6 to K7 update and the instrument updates not to let this kind of thing happen again.

All that said, I'm still a happy Kontakt user. I wouldn't do without it. It opens up a world of unique and unusual third party instruments, along with what Native Instruments themselves offer.

• guyvandergraaf

Is it possible to repost here NOW the entire list for KONTAK 7.4.2 ? NO KONTAKT 6, ALL THE INSTRUMENT FOR CATALINA 10.15.7

Please NI Staff, make a proper dedicated page for this issue in spite to make us jumping around FORUM!!

• Jeremy_NI
    edited January 19

@guyvandergraaf Yes, we're working on it, we'll add them to the list. And I've made a separate post with just the links: Previous versions of recently updated Kontakt libraries / compatibility with K6 older libraries So users do not have to go through the whole thread on this one.

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 433 Pro

This situation is especially irritating since Kontakt 7 player often crashes Maschine when I load an [Instrument] or a [Sound] preset which fires up K7 (just now happened for the x-th time when loading "Oberbrass" which is an Analog Dreams preset. First time it just crashed Maschine completely, second time it loaded, but made Maschine freeze when trying to load the plugin GUI). What an utter mess. Unbelievable

• Jeremy_NI

If you have a specific issue, I'd recommend to create a dedicated thread, so it does not get lost in the 17 pages of comments here or contact support here: https://bit.ly/NI_support_NA

• Sonical Studios
    Sonical Studios Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    edited January 23

Possible Fix - Worked for me!

Uninstall Kontakt (NOT KONTAKT 7)

Delete folder

C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Native Instruments\Kontakt\

Delete everything in Library folders

C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Native Instruments\Maschine 2\

C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Native Instruments\Komplete Kontrol\

C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Native Instruments\Kontakt 7\

Re-open Maschine or offending software IE:Kontakt, Komplete Kontrol and let it scan in the new library. On Scan in, all kontakt plugins should now use Kontakt 7.

Have a good day :)

• Sonical Studios
    Sonical Studios Member Posts: 4 Newcomer
    edited January 23
  • haythamkawar
    haythamkawar Member Posts: 3 Member

Ive tried that before, nothing solved the problem. It's disappointing, it's just NI should provide an easy solution for everyone.

Thank you anyway for your reply. Much appreciated

• guyvandergraaf
    edited January 25

Jeremy_NI So, thanks for your attention but here there is a bigger problem....many of the files you entered in the message when you try to download them a message appears saying that

1) `the maximum number of downloads has been reached for today and you cannot download this file`

2) Ashlight That I downloaded is not possible to be Installed because said ìs an Older Versioin* ...contact NI...

2) sorry if I dare....I did the Upgrade from 13 and on Komplete 14 it was written that the minimum necessary operating system was Catalina...then I formatted my Mac with High Sierra (which everything ran very well , I had everything installed for years and everything was in order both Native Access and my HD). I wanted to make the switch to 14 because I knew that I could install Catalina on my 2013 IMac....why instead many, and I mean many plug-ins don't run on Catalina when on the official NI description you said that catalina would be enough??? I would never, ever have done the Upgrade and sorry if I say it, I will never do it again from today on if you don't solve everything that needs to be solved now!! once I reset the Mac now on Native Access, can I no longer recover easily the versions that worked? this is not correct!!! Now I no longer have access to what I paid for, i.e. Komplete 13, and the Native Access is a bunch of plug ins that are useless to me... and as muzilla said........ that messages still appears to me that I Have Kontakt 7.4.2 ---this version is too old-- while many instrument should run on Kontakt 7,4,2!!

You absolutely have to solve these problems, something like this has never happened to me with other plug-in manufacturers.... I have instant access to everything I paid for, not that I have to go crazy to download it by looking for it or we don't know which queue to have all the files available on the same day....please hurry and organize so that on personal NATIVE ACCESS I can find all the versions, today's ones and those I paid for before!

Peace&Love

please hurry because you will lose customers