Maschine Mikro Mk3 with Komplete Kontrol Mk2 Keyboard

Oneeyedstan
Oneeyedstan Member Posts: 5 Member
edited March 2022 in Maschine

If I use a Maschine Mikro Mk3 together with a Komplete Kontrol Mk2 Keyboard, is it like using a Maschine Mk3? and does this combination work in the Maschine and Komplete Kontrol software? Does it need any special setup? Where can I find advice ore a manual for how to use them together?

thx

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,040 mod

Hello,

i don't think it's the same to use both like having a mk3, start with kkmk2 manual, then you'll see what it can do, it can't do more with a maschine beside. But both can complement each other well, also depending on your workflow. I guess there is no manual for both together, but hopefully someone with that combination can write something.

Uwe

• Oneeyedstan

Thank you, Uwe! I assumed that this each other complementing combination is a common setup and well known how it works together. At least if they both can control the software at the same time and if the screens and knobs of the kk mk2 are replacing those of a mk3?! Hmm... so I will wait and hope for an aswer of someone who is familiar with

• Uwe303

The screens on the KKMK2 will not show everything the screens on maschine mk3 would show, for example the linear timeline view as far as I know. Like i said read the manual and you know what it will add. I use for example a maschine studio with an A49 and this combination is great for me.

Uwe

• Oneeyedstan
    edited April 2022

Why have you marked my question as answered? You take away the animation to other people to comment!

On reddit i posted the same post and got many useful answers of other people with their own, other experience.

Why do you act that way?

• Uwe303

Will try to change that back, i have bumped up the tread for now. But even if it's not in the unanswered category people still see it and answer.

Uwe

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,881 mod

If I use a Maschine Mikro Mk3 together with a Komplete Kontrol Mk2 Keyboard, is it like using a Maschine Mk3?

No, absolutely not.

A KKS mk2 + Mikro-MK3 won't do a quarter of what the MK3 can do, the keyboard focuses more on keyboard stuff and gives you access to some extra things that a more in the world of a drum-machine on the screen but it's really not a lot, too many things to list. If everything that is missing is important to you or not is hard to know.