Can't Map knobs on KK M32 to a multi output instance of Kontakt 7 in Logic Pro

MauiMusicMan
MauiMusicMan Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
edited January 2023 in Kontakt

I've tried right clicking and using the learn mode while pressing SHIFT and PLUG IN on my hardware and no go. Any pointers. I just want to make the most of my KK M32 and do not use Komplete Kontrol software as you can only have one instrument in each instance at a time, and not to mention theres not keyboard preview as in K7.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓

Actually Komplete Kontrol doesn't go very well with multis. Best would be to use the M32 as a standard MIDI keyboard and load Kontakt and the Multi.

You need to assign the MIDI CC on the bottom here. Then you can assign these CCs in Kontakt by right clicking a parameter and choose "Learn MIDI CC automation" and move the knob you want to assign.

Answers

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited January 2023

If you're trying to automate the 'Outputs', that is not possible.

And you can use the Kontakt keyboard in KK if you switch the view to 'Edit View'

• MauiMusicMan
    MauiMusicMan Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Oh wow that was amazing thank you!!!!!!

So if I want to use the knobs on my hardware KK on KK with multi instrument thats not possible? Only in single?

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited January 2023

Your question is not clear to me now, but I don't know detailed information about KK because I never use it. I don't know how to assign knobs to a 'Multi' rack using Komplete Kontrol, but I imagine its possible.

It sounded like you wanted to automate the Kontakt 'Outputs' mixer.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,637 mod
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓

Actually Komplete Kontrol doesn't go very well with multis. Best would be to use the M32 as a standard MIDI keyboard and load Kontakt and the Multi.

You need to assign the MIDI CC on the bottom here. Then you can assign these CCs in Kontakt by right clicking a parameter and choose "Learn MIDI CC automation" and move the knob you want to assign.