a core cell that responds to clicks but not clocks

alvacouch
alvacouch Member Posts: 5 Sine
edited January 25 in Reaktor

I'm puzzled.

I'm trying to create a core cell that implements a simple MIDI follower.

It works when I assign "step" to a button, but not when I drive "step" with a clock at a modified control rate. Any ideas as to why? I think I'm missing something major!

Thanks,

Tagged:

Best Answer

• alvacouch
    edited January 26 Answer ✓

I think I figured this out. See

It was most likely a compiler error. I revised the code for single event propagation paths and it works fine.

What this does is to smooth out sudden jumps in value on a touch panel by interpolating from the previous value at 10 steps per second.

Answers

• colB
    colB Member Posts: 355 Saw

The clock generates Audio Events (at least audio synchronous), so you would need the outputs to 'Allow Audio Events'. There may be other issues too, but that's the obvious one looking at the pic.

• alvacouch
    edited January 26

Audio was an issue, but not the only one. I changed everything to audio and it still doesn't work.

The library function Core --> Library --> Control --> Smoother --> Lin Smoother (A) does something very similar but enjoys a complete lack of race conditions, unlike my example. It doesn't do quite what I want, but is close. I don't quite get why it works and mine doesn't. Will continue studying.

The most obvious difference between my solution and Lin Smoother (A) is that mine has a race condition between the target and current value as far as reading them out of memory. This could be the problem.

• alvacouch

A related question: I think this core cell is failing to compile, but I have no evidence of why. It is not doing anything at all.

Is there any place I can check in Reaktor for core cell compilation errors?

• alvacouch
    edited January 26 Answer ✓

I think I figured this out. See

It was most likely a compiler error. I revised the code for single event propagation paths and it works fine.

What this does is to smooth out sudden jumps in value on a touch panel by interpolating from the previous value at 10 steps per second.