Maschine Jam alternatives

Options
2»

Comments

• Flexi
    Flexi Member Posts: 366 Pro
    Options

All in one, 64 pads, screen per encoder, touch screen for X/Y, crossfader, superior sampler, better routing, better modulation, SSD storage, CVs, regular updates including new synths and effects.

The Force is pretty much the defacto now for live clip triggering if you don't want to use a laptop.

• Murat Kayi
    Murat Kayi Member Posts: 430 Pro
    Options

How would a Jam MK2 look, though? I think it would need displays, because people we're disappointed with it being more or less an add-on rather than a autonomous piece of hardware.

But that would mean either losing the touch strips (which kick ass) or reducing the rows of buttons which dumbs down the sequencing options which actually are the main benefit.

Or you just add the space for a display and then it's a

• TuMalditaMadre
    TuMalditaMadre Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

I know it's a year later but I just got one for $150 on eBay. At that price I'll figure out if I can use it (so far it works great with the Plus in Standalone mode).

• tetsuneko
    tetsuneko Member Posts: 609 Guru
    Options

Second hand Jams are still out there, grab them while they are available would be my recommendation

• D-One
    D-One Moderator Posts: 2,884 mod
    edited February 2
    Options

Yes, but also keep in mind that it's a EOL product, at any point if something major happens to Maschine, support might be dropped, it could be in 8 months or 8 years, so by buying it you accept that risk.

On the other hand, the asking prices have been rising in the used market, about 300/350$ but the last 2 sold at 150$, so... yeah, don't fall for the 400$ trap.