komplete m32 with Kontakt 7 - the knobs did not work

JuBro
JuBro Member Posts: 9 Member
edited January 2023 in Kontakt

Hello,

how can I use the knobs in Kontakt 7. I have no control over the knobs in Standalone and Logic.

In Logic the same. Here I have control for Logic functions.

What I make wrong?

I use Mac mini M1 and Komplete m32 and mk2.

I can play all sounds modwheel and pitch but no knobs.

In Komplete Kontrol everything works well.

Thank you vor help

Justus

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,967 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

you have to use komplete kontrol, it is the bridge from the hardware to the software instruments. Kontakt simply opens within komplete kontrol if you select a kontakt sound in kk browser, then, of course, everything is mapped right away.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Answer ✓

Hello,

you have to use komplete kontrol, it is the bridge from the hardware to the software instruments. Kontakt simply opens within komplete kontrol if you select a kontakt sound in kk browser, then, of course, everything is mapped right away.

• JuBro
    JuBro Member Posts: 9 Member

I would love to use Kontakt 7 in my Logic project to use the new sound browser. But if the knobs cannot be used from the keyboard, that's a pity.

• Uwe303

But within komplete kontrol you have a really good browser and you can control it fully from the keyboard.

• Methos
    Methos Member Posts: 5 Newcomer

This is disappointing to me - I have just bought the S61 thinking i would be able to use the guide lights with some of the instruments i have loaded in my multi racks in kontakt 7 ... i use instances of kontakt 7 inside cubase with multi racks ... it now seems i will have to replace each instance of kontakt 7 with multiple instances of komplete kontrol in order to have the guide lights work, is that correct? Also the browser in kontakt allows access to far more control over the instruments than Komplete Kontrol does ... have i misunderstood something here?

• Uwe303

yes that`s correct, the lightguide shows always the first instrument, how should kk or kontakt know what instrument you have selected from the controller? You even can´t select different instruments in one kontakt (a multi) - it would make no sense. Unfortunately if you have used multies a lot in the past you have to divide them.