Mapping of Maschine Controls to Massive

miknik
miknik Member Posts: 21 Member

Hi. I compared MASSIVE knob names from the welcome project(Group C) with MASSIVE knob names, loaded from the plugin browser, the names of the knobs are very different.

The description of the MASSIVE knobs from the welcome project is much more readable.

Member "Ozon" tell me:

The mapping of Maschine Controls to Massive or any other plugin is saved in the preset (MXSND) file. It could be different for any two Massive sounds.

So the question is: how to customize mapping of standalone Maschine+ Controls to Massive plugin?

And by the way, the MASSIVE plugin from the welcome project (Group C) sounds monophonic, one key per time..

Best Answer

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,040 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

ozon is absolutely right about that, a sound designer would first use the 8 macros to map "parameters of importance" and the next pages, from 2 on, also that they make sense with the sound. Additionally massive has some switchable modules, like fx, so you only can map them if enabled and selected.

You need a computer and maschine software/ komplete kontrol to map a synth or fx.

Cause its set to monophonic in osc settings.

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 3,040 mod
    Answer ✓

Hello,

ozon is absolutely right about that, a sound designer would first use the 8 macros to map "parameters of importance" and the next pages, from 2 on, also that they make sense with the sound. Additionally massive has some switchable modules, like fx, so you only can map them if enabled and selected.

You need a computer and maschine software/ komplete kontrol to map a synth or fx.

Cause its set to monophonic in osc settings.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,727 mod

Maschine is just picking up whatever Macros the sound designer for that patch assigned - that's why they are different as it depends on what the sound needs. If you want different macros just edit the patches or when you make your own you decide what is assigned to those 8 knobs.

• ozon
    ozon Member Posts: 1,353 Expert

@Kymeia

What you see in the pictures is not the Macros page (usually page1/16) but a divergent mapping on page 2/16. AFAIK it’s the mapping which is created within Maschine which is different for these two presets.

I have observed the same kind of variations for Monark presets. The mapping can even change with an update (e.g. for Expansions). My own sounds are based on different versions of the Monark Init preset and thus have different page layouts. I know you can manually edit each sound in Maschine/Reaktor but I wish there was an easy way to apply parameter mappings to a bunch of presets.