Is a batch resave beneficial for registered Kontakt libraries?

Options
2»

Answers

• deleplanque
    deleplanque Member Posts: 1 Member
    Options

I think it's really serious. Not once, nor in any documentation, are we warned of the consequences of a batch resave. Once the batch resave has been carried out, it becomes impossible to reload old musical compositions. In fact, an old version of kontakt having been used cannot load a preset which is saved by a new version. This is scandalous! If for many there are no consequences perhaps we should think of professionals. When you compose music with the aim of stocking up on different styles to be able to respond to demand as quickly as possible, you have the right to be able to reload these old compositions at any time. A batch resave will prevent this... and don't tell me that it wasn't possible for native to make a utility respecting the initial version of the preset or patch... tabt only to those who will tell me that it is enough to reload the original banks. I answer them that when you have more than one tera of contact compatible sound, you have something else to do. Anyway, help!

Je trouve que c'est vraiment grave. Pas une seul fois, ni dans aucune documentation nous sommes avertis des conséquences d'un batch resave.

Une fois le batch resave effectué il devient impossible de recharger les anciennes compositions musicales. En effet une ancienne version de kontakt ayant été utilisé ne peut charger un preset qui est sauvé par une nouvelle version.. Là c'est scandaleux ! Si pour beaucoup il n'y a pas de conséquences peut être faudrait il penser au professionnels. Lorsque l'on compose des musiques dans le but de se faire un stock dans différents styles pour pouvoir répondre à la demande le plus rapidement possible, on est en droit de pouvoir recharger à n'importe quel moment ces anciennes composition s. Un batch resave empêchera cela...

et il ne faut pas me dire qu'il n'etait pas possible à native de faire un utilitaire respectant la version initiale du preset ou patch...

quant à ceux qui me diront qu'il suffit de télécharger de nouveau les banks initiales, je réponds que quand on a plus d'un terra de banks de son compatibles kontakt, on a autre chose à faire que devoir retelecharger nos banks de sons.

bref au secours !!!

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,744 mod
    edited October 2023
    Options

Kontakt warns you of this every single time you try to do a batch resave - maybe you haven't actually tried this before? This is what the warning message states:

You are about to resave multiple files with Kontakt 7.6.1, making them incompatible with earlier Kontakt versions.

You might also be asked to relocate missing resources. Skipping this step will permanently discard all references to such resources.

With the above in mind, please back up the original files before proceeding.

Do you want to proceed with the batch resave operation?

The manual also states clearly:

As the Batch Re-save process will overwrite the Instrument, Multi, and Bank files within your selected folder, it’s recommended to make a backup of this folder before you execute the command.

Always a good idea to do that