Creative ways to use footswitch Input/Routing

Patrick West
Patrick West Member Posts: 6 Newcomer
edited January 2022 in Maschine

Please, NI Users. Indulge me with the creative ways you are using and implementing a footswitch as controller for your Maschine........

I am running a Mashine MK3 and would ideally like to have the note repeat mapped to a footswitch. What other creative things are people doing with this input?

name is Patrick. I'm an artist. I make music by myself and with friends #sirdubbingsly

Tagged:

Comments

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert

Welcome Patrick

The Maschine Footswitch can only be used for Transport control of the Hardware...not so creative.

From the Manual:

(9) PEDAL socket: Allows you to use a footswitch to control the transport in MASCHINE. Note that this is a stereo socket, allowing you to plug in a double footswitch and control the PLAY and the REC buttons in MASCHINE

• Patrick West

Thank you kind sir! So that being said. Are any NI users even using this? To any creative or essential live use?

• sjbradley66
    sjbradley66 Member Posts: 6 Member

I will use it when I want to loop and am playing at the same time - seems to work well for me. I have a y-splitter (stereo female inputs to one male output) and use two different pedals with that. Works well as long at the y cable is truly stereo (not mono)!

• Patrick West

OK. wait! tell me more. How are you using this? I have a maschine mk3 and would love to use it to loop with other external instruments. Are you looping with guitar rig? You have my attention.

• sjbradley66
    sjbradley66 Member Posts: 6 Member

All of the looping I do is with internal VSTs within Maschine or Kontakt - although I do know that external instruments can definitely be looped too - I think NI might have a video on that? But the footswitch makes it easy to operate the basic transport buttons (rec / play) and that makes a difference for sure in terms of accessibility. I think it's a bit more complex with looping external inputs and requires more mastery of the sampling features. Good luck with it!