How to remove library from Komplete Kontrol only?

Options
Diam
Diam Member Posts: 217 Helper
edited January 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

I have a factory library that appears under the wrong vendor in Komplete Kontrol and would like to remove it solely, whilst keeping it visible in Kontakt. I am unsure how to do this without removing it completely.

I am of the persuasion, that this will require me to edit some meta data, though would like to know if anybody has a solution for this.

Has anybody else had or resolved this issue?

Comments

• Rob71
    Rob71 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    Options

Did you ever find a solution for this? I have libraries that show up like this as well.

• Felix43
    Felix43 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

The library will be removed from Komplete Kontrol, but it will not be deleted from your hard drive. If you want to completely remove the library from your computer, you will need to manually delete its files and folders from your hard drive.

• Tarapuppydawg
    Tarapuppydawg Member Posts: 3 Newcomer
    Options

I have deleted instruments / libraries from my hard drive but a geryed out icon for the instrument still shows up inKomplete Kontrol.

How do you get the software to recognise the instrument / library are no longer there ?

• william1122
    william1122 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited May 2023
    Options

Open the Komplete Kontrol software on your computer.Click on the "Libraries" tab in the left-hand sidebar.Find the library you want to remove and click on the "Settings" icon (gear icon) next to it.In the library settings, click on the "Remove Library" button at the bottom of the window.Confirm that you want to remove the library by clicking "Yes" when prompted.The library will be removed from Komplete Kontrol, but the files will remain on your hard drive. If you want to completely remove the library from your computer, you will need to manually delete the files from your hard drive.

• Diam
    Options

The image tabs are only visible if you have presets still stored for the respective plugin. @william1122 seems to be referring to removing libraries from Kontakt. Images will be stored in either in your NI resources folder or the NKS PAResources folder in the plugin library (usually a backup here for 3rd party vendors).

I deleted this library completely in the end and believe my initial diagnosis was probably correct. It was a meta data issue. NI do not give you the option to edit these values natively. I think the Plugin vendor in this case AudioBro, may have made a blunder in this case.

• william1122
    william1122 Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    edited May 2023
    Options

The library will be eliminated from Komplete Kontrol, yet it won't be erased from your hard drive. If you have any desire to totally eliminate the library from your PC, you should physically erase its records and envelopes from your hard drive.

• el-bo
    el-bo Member Posts: 35 Member
    Options

Hi!

I'm trying to follow these instructions so i can remove certain libraries from Komplete Kontrol.

I have the software loaded and the libraries tab open. But I cannot see any 'Settings' or gear icons. The only thing I see is an arrow tab, inside the library icons, which load the libraries. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but I just can't see it.

Would appreciate some further help

• Davewerewolf
    Davewerewolf Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

Did you ever get any resolve on this? I have the same problem!

• Diam
    Options

I didn't find a solution. If I can recall, I figured it would probably require some editing of the database file for Komplete Kontrol/Maschine and it didn't seem worthwhile. I ended up removing the library anyhow as in this case, I didn't feel it essential for me.

• PoorFellow
    PoorFellow Moderator Posts: 2,731 mod
    Options

Problem is maybe not so much a problem of removing the library from Komplete Kontrol as much as make it stay removed. I mean my guess is that if you moved the library you want removed from KK and did a re-scan in Komplete Kontrol then maybe it would not appear in KK ? , dunno but maybe ? . Then you could just exit KK and move it back afterwards before starting Kontakt. But if KK re-scans at startup or receive information from N.A. (?) then one would be back to square one. (don't know if and how all that works !) So the solution that you are really looking for is non existing which is that KK would have to have the same ability as Kontakt to turn off certain libraries in settings ! (never used that either but it is there in Kontakt)

• Davewerewolf
    Davewerewolf Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

I removed any trace of the library that I didn't want from my hard drive but still it remained. Today for some unknown reason it seems to have disappeared!