Session Strings 2 not recalling settings

Dean D
Dean D Member Posts: 6 Member
edited January 2023 in Kontakt

I have a track using SS2 and have chosen pizzicato on the main screen. When the project is reloaded, the instrument still shows the correct pizzicato setting but does not play back as pizzicato - it plays as the default legato and I have to manually reset the instrument. Why is this? Is it a bug? Am I missing something?

Regards,

Dean

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓

I don't know this instrument, but no one has responded.

What about saving the instrument with your changes under a new name. Or creating a snapshot?

When using keyswitches does the menu show the different articulation?

Answers

• Gee_Flat
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓

I don't know this instrument, but no one has responded.

What about saving the instrument with your changes under a new name. Or creating a snapshot?

When using keyswitches does the menu show the different articulation?

• Dean D

Hi Gee_Flat,

Thanks for your response. I was about to try your suggestion of saving a custom change and loaded up the project but, surprise surprise, the issue didn't happen this time. I have no idea why it did this a couple of days ago but it now seems to be behaving correctly.

Thanks again for your response.

Regards,

Dean

• DunedinDragon
    DunedinDragon Member Posts: 363 Pro

One of the anomalies I've learned to deal with in SS2 is if you're using MIDI keyswitches you have to be careful about where you start playback because the old switch will still be in effect if you start playing on another part of the track. It could also be that you saved the track while it was under the control of a different keyswitch, so that's what was restored. To be safe I alway have my initial keyswitch at the beginning of the MIDI file so it gets set appropriately when I play from the beginning. The interface should always show what keyswitch is the active one.

• Dean D

DD I think you may be right. I will take closer care of the key switches set in the midi track. I think that's probably the only explanation for what I saw.

Cheers,

Dean

• Gee_Flat

From what I know, using 'Expressions' solves that. It doesn't require moving the play head in front of a keyswitch to activate it.