Battery 4.3.0 and Komplete Kontrol 2.8.1 crashing Ableton (BT4-2688)

cigaretta
cigaretta Member Posts: 5 Member
edited March 2023 in Komplete Kontrol

I usually update NI's products only if necessary. This time I did, because on the one hand I do constantly use Komplete Kontrol with my M32, and on the other I always expect the knob-glitching Battery bug to be finally fixed one of those days (it has been there for far too long, IMHO).

Anyway - the bug is not gone.

Now, however, once Komplete Kontrol is opened in Ableton, and a Battery kid loaded in it, if I close the plugin window, then open and close it again, Ableton inevitably crashes. Happens only with the 32 bit version, and only with Battery.

Does anyone have any idea what that might be about?

Thanks!

System: 10 year old mac, Catalina 10.15.7, Ableton 11.2.7

Best Answers

• nanotable
    nanotable Member Posts: 93 Advisor
    Answer ✓

This is also happening on a M1 Mac, 12.6.2. You can prevent Live from crashing by touching anything in the KK/Battery window before closing it, in my experience.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@cigaretta Little update. The issue had been already reported and filed. @nanotable informed me that the bug had been fixed in the latest Komplete Kontrol beta version.

• nanotable
    Answer ✓

Thanks @Jeremy_NI for putting it out there, I wasn’t sure if I can talk about beta versions publicly. In any case, good news, @cigaretta, the bug has indeed been fixed (at least on my M1 Mac).

Answers

• nanotable
    Answer ✓

This is also happening on a M1 Mac, 12.6.2. You can prevent Live from crashing by touching anything in the KK/Battery window before closing it, in my experience.

• cigaretta

@nanotable, will try it tomorrow. Thanks very much!

• Jeremy_NI

@cigaretta If you give Full Disk Access to Ableton, Komplete Kontrol and Battery: How to Enable Full Disk Access on macOS restart your computer, do you still get crashes?

About the knob-glitching issue, do you mean this issue? Battery 4.2.0 - suddenly, knobs/faders don't work

Do you use Waves plug-ins? As explained in the thread, Waves have aknowledged the issue was on their side and fixed it in Waveshell v13 and upwards.

If the crashes still occur, get in touch here and my colleagues will look into it: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_KKontrol

• cigaretta

@Jeremy_NI I do still get the crashes after giving Full Disk Access to Ableton, KK and Battery. The only workaround available is the one suggested by @nanotable. Which is a bit of a shame that an update should do that to an otherwise healthy system.

Speaking of updates and in regards of the knob-glitching issue: I am too one of those in Battery 4.2.0 - suddenly, knobs/faders don't work that is of the opinion it is up to NI to fix the issue, since it was their update that created it. Trying not to use strong words here, but the situation does look like what a cross-brand extortion would look like if it existed.

Thanks for your effort.

• Jeremy_NI

@cigaretta I could reproduce the issue. It seems to happen with the VST3 plugin of Komplete Kontrol. I'm not sure what you meant with the 32 bit version since 32 bit is not possible on 10.15, as far as I know. Will file the bug and forward it to development.

Regarding the Battery / Waves thing. As I've explained so many times. Waves acknowledged the issue was on their side and they fixed it. No extortion or secret cross brand plan here. As you can see here we acknowledge when there are bugs in our softwares and we are not hiding them. Again, feel free to contact Waves on the matter.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

@cigaretta Little update. The issue had been already reported and filed. @nanotable informed me that the bug had been fixed in the latest Komplete Kontrol beta version.

• nanotable
    Answer ✓

Thanks @Jeremy_NI for putting it out there, I wasn’t sure if I can talk about beta versions publicly. In any case, good news, @cigaretta, the bug has indeed been fixed (at least on my M1 Mac).