Only NI libraries stuttering

Michael Dow
Michael Dow Member Posts: 22 Member
edited February 2023 in Kontakt

Hi there, i have made up a large template and now all NI own brand instruments are stuttering within Kontakt. Spitfire audio ones are fine. As are other brands. It's literally just NI ones doing the stuttering/crackling. Why is this?

Ones in question currently are Stradivari cello, and NI Action Strikes. Both insanely bad glitching/buffering sounds. All Spitfire are as smooth and sound normal/

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Michael Dow

Also this happens in Kontakt 5, 6 and 7. Only with NI sounds, in both the player AND the full kontakt.

My Pc is i7 12700k, i've got 64GB of RAM, a (currently using 42GB in my template) and the samples are being read from a 2TB m2 nvme drive, the same one that all my sample libraries are on. This still has 500GB left on it

• Michael Dow

And oddly it's not all NI libraries. Session strings 2 is fine. As is alicias keys, and others. Just Action Strikes and the stradivari so far seem to be doing it. Which are exactly the ones i want to use right now 🤣

• Michael Dow
    edited January 2023

Anyone know why just these instruments play up? Literally everything else is fine.

Ive also realised it's doing this very odd scratchy clicky noise when turning up the vibrato. Literally sounds like a small horse trotting on some paving

• Michael Dow

Okay i thnk i know what it is, it's like the re-bow sample is triggering constantly when i turn the vibrato up. As it's the same gritty clicking sound i think. (sounds horrible) I wish i could upload a sample

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,113 mod

What DAW are you using ? Is this happening in Kontakt in standalone too?

What is the sample frequency chosen in your projects?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,113 mod
    Answer ✓

No news from you for a while. We’re closing this thread now. If you still need assistance on that topic, please get in touch here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_kontakt

This discussion has been closed.