Importing presets into guitar rig 6

Karlws
Karlws Member Posts: 12 Member
edited January 2023 in Guitar Rig & FX

Hi I am looking for some assistance in importing presets into guitar rig 6. I have downloaded the purchased version plus the additional presets (only because I couldn't locate the presets that came with my purchase) I have since found all my downloaded presets. I open my program and go to file, import which opens my presets folder. I select the preset I want to load, hit the open key and nothing happens. I open presets and there is nothing there😫 I have looked all over to try and help myself but keep getting the same result. So here I am seeking help

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Alan Durden
    Alan Durden Member Posts: 2 Member
    Answer ✓

manually put the presets one by one into your guitar rig folder, just like you do with downloaded user presets off the NI site, I think it is sounds or banks. then open guitar rig and do a scan for new presets ,it will recognise all compatible files(presets).

let me know if you succeed.

Cheers.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod

@Karlws Where are these downloaded presets are coming from? Are they Guitar Rig 6 presets or Guitar RIg 5, Guitar rig 4?

When you say you couldn't locate the presets that came up with your purchase, do you mean the factory presets of Guitar Rig 6? Do you have any presets at all showing in Guitar Rig 6 ?

• Karlws

Hi thanks for the reply. The download presets are guitar rig 6 purchased from Native Instruments.

I open import in file settings and highlight the preset and open but nothing happens.

And there are no factory presets in my GR6 I open presets and under the main headings Input Sources, Characters, Amps and Artists there are no presets available. I have uninstalled and reinstalled my software and get the same result. There are no presets at all and I am unable to load the additional purchased presets

Thanks

Karl

• Jeremy_NI

HEy Karl, can you post a screenshot of Guitar Rig 6 showing the absence of presets?

• Karlws

Hi Jeremy, I actually found a training program for Guitar Rig 6 made by a company Groove 3 and there was the answer to my issue. It was me not the program. I don't often recommend products, but for any complete novice such as myself, this program is definitely worth it.

Thanks for your assistance it is greatly appreciated.

• Jeremy_NI

@Karlws Thanks for the update. Any chance you could explain what was the solution then? This would be only to help users in the same situation and also see if we could improve our onboarding on such products.

• Alan Durden
    Alan Durden Member Posts: 2 Member
    Answer ✓

manually put the presets one by one into your guitar rig folder, just like you do with downloaded user presets off the NI site, I think it is sounds or banks. then open guitar rig and do a scan for new presets ,it will recognise all compatible files(presets).

let me know if you succeed.

Cheers.