Can I transfer iZotope Ozone license to Native Instruments?

playluxe
playluxe Member Posts: 6 Member
edited January 2023 in Other Software & Hardware

Hi there,

I'm new here and couldn't find a solution for my issue so I'm starting a new topic for this.

I've purchased Ozone Advanced on the iZotope website before NI and iZotope became Soundwide partners.

Is there an option to transfer my iZotope license to my NI account so I can crossgrade with a Ozone license from the NI shop?

Best regards

Best Answer

• playluxe
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓

Update:

I've received following answer from the NI support (translated from german):

We confirm that such a transfer is unfortunately not possible.

If you have an iZotope license for Ozone you must continue to use it with iZotope's product portal.

Seems like we have to wait for the Soundwide partners to consolidate their licensing system (if that's ever gonna happen). 😑

Answers

• Uwe303
    Uwe303 Moderator Posts: 2,968 mod

Hello do you own komolete? Then you can crossgrade from there and sell your other license maybe, native says this:

This crossgrade only works for registered users of KOMPLETE 2-14, KOMPLETE 8 -14 ULTIMATE, KOMPLETE 12-14 ULTIMATE Collector's Edition.

You won't be able to install and activate this version unless you own one of the required products listed above!

This is for the ozone advanced 10 version for 99 bugs

• playluxe

Hi Uwe,

I do own Komplete 12 UCE which doesn't contain any version of Ozone not even the standard one. Would it still work If I crossgrade from that version or do I have to own any Ozone version on my NI account?

• Uwe303

A crossgrade means that you then would own ozone advanced, the base product you need is the one you own and you don't need ozone in your native account. You can check it for yourself to be absolutely sure on the shop website, you have to be logged in and then you'll see if you can buy the ozone advanced crossgrade.

• playluxe
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓

Update:

I've received following answer from the NI support (translated from german):

We confirm that such a transfer is unfortunately not possible.

If you have an iZotope license for Ozone you must continue to use it with iZotope's product portal.

Seems like we have to wait for the Soundwide partners to consolidate their licensing system (if that's ever gonna happen). 😑

• Uwe303

Yes of course a transfer is not possible but you don't need it, and the reason why I already pointed out i would say. Just crossgrade from your komplete kontrol bundle.