Multiple NI Users on one machine?

ComposerBell
ComposerBell Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I have an unusual situation, where I have 2 different users (with different system user accounts, on Mac). We each own our own libraries, and have our separate content installed on different external drives. Is it possible for Native Access to, in one user account, know the location of all of my content, while User B can log into their account and have Native Access know where all of THEIR content is located on a different drive?

I realize this would be much simpler if we were on 2 separate computers, but that's not really on the table. Thank you!

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,285 mod
    Answer ✓

@ComposerBell It should work, as long as both Mac user profiles have admin rights. Having everything on 2 separate hard drives is a great idea. You might need to do separate installations for the applications, like Kontakt, etc...on both profiles, to make sure there is no permission mismatches.

Answers

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin

That's an interesting one.

Not sure here, but I would guess Native Access recalls the latest installation preferences of the device it's being used on, and not the account it's logged into.

You could try setting up your content location to your external drive, log-out and log-in to the account of your studio partner to check in the preferences if it's still set to your drive.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,285 mod
    Answer ✓

@ComposerBell It should work, as long as both Mac user profiles have admin rights. Having everything on 2 separate hard drives is a great idea. You might need to do separate installations for the applications, like Kontakt, etc...on both profiles, to make sure there is no permission mismatches.