S8 + Live Input not working
I have 2 turntables I'm trying to route through my S8 + MBP laptop using Live input so I can record a set with vinyl - but I'm having no luck getting any sound to come through from the turntables in Live input mode at all. I've also had a pretty good look around the forums and haven't seen anyone else having this issue - so just wanted to check if it's me, something to do with my S8 or something else?
- S8 (not sure if it's a mk1 or mk2, but I've had it about 6 years - so probably a mk1?)
- Mac Book pro 2017ish - running Big Sur (11.7)
- Traktor 3.3.0 (I also have v2.11.3)
- 2x technics 1210M5G's
I have the two turntables plugged into channel C + D, set to phono.
What I've tried:
- I can confirm both turntables play through the speakers in 'Direct Thru' mode, so I know they are plugged in correctly, but when I set either Deck C or D to Live input - I get nothing. So while I can play live, I can't use Traktor's internal recording function as it won't record in Direct Thru mode as it doesn't route the sound through the laptop.
- I have tried with both Traktor 3 & 2, same issue - so I'm leaning towards the S8 being the problem.
- I tried resetting my Traktor 3 settings to factory default, no difference
- Tried channels A+B as well, same issue
So am I missing something simple? Is there a way to reset the S8 directly? Or is this functionality just broken (everything else seems to work fine)?
I guess I could recored directly from the main output or booth into a line in, but that seems a bit converted when there is a function that should do this already without the faff. So I'm a bit stumped at this point what to try next so any pointers would be greatly appreciated!
- All Categories
- 21 Welcome
- 2.1K Hangout
- 84 NI News
- 1.4K Tech Talks
- 2.3K Native Access
- 13.2K Komplete
- 1.3K Komplete General
- 2.8K Komplete Kontrol
- 3.7K Kontakt
- 3.5K Reaktor
- 325 Battery 4
- 594 Guitar Rig & FX
- 316 Massive X & Synths
- 692 Other Software & Hardware
- 3.9K Maschine
- 4.8K Traktor
- 4.5K Traktor Software & Hardware
- Check out everything you can do
- Create an account
- See member benefits
- Answer questions
- Ask the community
- See product news
- Connect with creators