Connect Roland USB UM-ONE MIDI Keyboard interface on Maschine MK3

Reptilo
Reptilo Member Posts: 2 Member
edited February 2023 in Kontakt

Hi everybody,

I have a MIDI keyboard (Casio CKT451) connected by an USB Roland UM-ONE system with the Maschine MK3.

I saw and can select UM-ONE in the Input and Output MK3 preferences but nothing append...

I'm sure I am losing something...

Can you please help me ?

Thank.

Xavier

Best Answer

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,296 mod

@Reptilo Are you able to use the keybord connected in the same way but in other programs, like Kontakt? Komplete Kontrol ? A DAW? Have you checked that there is MIDI activity from the keyboard to your computer. YOu can check with this: How to Monitor the Input of a MIDI Controller

Can you see activity when you play the keyboard?

How do you see that "nothing is happening" ? Are you trying to load an instrument and when you play there is no sound or MIDI activity? Do you know on what MIDI channel your keyboard is set up to? Try to set it to channel 1.

• Reptilo
    Reptilo Member Posts: 2 Member

Hi and thanks for your response.

I'm a beginner on MK3 and don't have another DAW. I switch on the USB interface between the keyboard and the computer. Then I select UM-One on the MIDI in and out preferences.

I want to play keyboard and have the possibility to save sounds.

Xavier

• Jeremy_NI

Sorry but this is not clear:

"I switch on the USB interface between the keyboard and the computer. Then I select UM-One on the MIDI in and out preferences."

Also you did not reply to the question:

Do you know on what MIDI channel your keyboard is set up to? 

What happens if you set t up to MIDI channel 1, please check the manual of your keyboard on how to achieve this.

• Jeremy_NI
    Answer ✓

No news from you for a while. We’re closing this thread now. If you still need assistance on that topic, please get in touch here: http://bit.ly/NIsupport_kontakt

This discussion has been closed.