Play-enable each instrument in a multi-rack

ChrisB1969
ChrisB1969 Member Posts: 25 Member
edited February 2022 in Kontakt

Hello. I am using Kontakt 6 in stand-alone mode and I have 3 instruments set up in my multi-rack and would like to toggle back and forth between the instruments to play them. I am using the Kontakt keyboard at the bottom of the window.

The violin is currently play-enabled. I would like to play-enable the trumpet or oboe as well. I recognize each is on a separate MIDI channel, but how do I route the audio (st 1)so that I can hear each instrument alone or even in combinations as I play on the keyboard? Also, if I begin using my S88 mk2 for a keyboard instead are there any additional steps I need to take? Please pardon the amateur-like question as I am just getting started in this app and have only just begun to read the manual. Eventually I will run Kontakt in a DAW (likely Digital Performer 11), but I want to work in stand-alone mode first. Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Blindeddie
    Blindeddie Member Posts: 1,559 Expert
    Answer ✓

Using the KB at the bottom you can only play one instrument at a time. By default the first loaded instrument will play, to get the second to play (by itself), click the instrument Panel and the instrument should be highlighted. click the KB and you should hear the selected instrument.

Answers

• Blindeddie
    Answer ✓

Using the KB at the bottom you can only play one instrument at a time. By default the first loaded instrument will play, to get the second to play (by itself), click the instrument Panel and the instrument should be highlighted. click the KB and you should hear the selected instrument.

• ChrisB1969

By clicking on the instrument panel I assume you mean where the title of the instrument is. The problem is none of the instruments highlight when I click on them, though the first instrument at the top does sound.

• ChrisB1969

Ok just figured out what I was doing wrong. Thanks.

• Blindeddie

Sorry, I didn’t know how to explain exactly where to click except to say Panel🤪

Anyway, glad you got it sorted!!!