There HAS to be a way to STOP Maschine from scanning EVERY plugin on start up

Options
13»

Comments

• Maciej Repetowski
    Maciej Repetowski Member Posts: 414 Guru
    edited February 3
    Options

Or the software could check for something trivial, like the size of the plugin folders it’s pointing at (or file checksums) and if those have not changed - do not perform the scan.

Surely that would be asking for too much, better to press ESC key every time, got it. 🤣🤣🤣

• Don1990
    Don1990 Member Posts: 67 Member
    Options
  • Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,755 mod
    edited February 4
    Options

I think it must do something like that because it certainly doesn't scan all plugins every time for me, just the last few I installed. I think there seems to be something on some systems that makes it do that, in some cases (probably most) it seems to be certain plugins that trigger it (probably because what it is not good at is excluding plugins that don't work well in KK/Mas), and I would not be surprised if permissions wasn't an issue on some systems.

I do wish the KK scanner was smarter about remembering not to scan plugins that fail the scan though. Compare to Logic for example, it also has no way to prevent a startup scan (very few hosts do) but it is good at identifying and excluding plugins that don't play nice, and even allows you control over what it does next with those - you can disable them completely or try a selective on demand rescan. So the KK/Mas scanner could certainly be smarter in that respect.

• Vocalpoint
    Vocalpoint Member Posts: 948 Guru
    Options

KK needs a scan inventory file written AFTER a full successful scan that can be used by ScanApp.exe to compare the environment and then take action if needed.

Even with a super simple tool like Robocopy - it can scan any directory structure (small, medium or huge) in mere milliseconds and determine differences with blinding speed and then do its thing.

It is sad that something as complex as ScanApp has zero functionality like this. Embarrassing actually.

VP