How to setup Maschine in Reaper to read and send MIDI from/to Host?
I'm currently trying to do this in Reaper:
- One Maschine Track:
- One Group:
- Each Sound reads MIDI events coming from Dedicated Sound MIDI Channel.
- Each Sound sends MIDI events to Dedicated Sound MIDI Channel.
- Each Sound has its Dedicated MIDI Channel (Sound 1 using Channel 1...Sound 16 using Channel 16).
- One Group:
- 16 Midi Tracks:
- Each Track sends MIDI to Maschine Track and receives MIDI from Maschine Track.
- 16 Audio Outputs receiving audio from Maschine.
Here is my configuration:
Reaper MIDI Tracks Configuration:
Maschine Outputs on Reaper Track:
Audio Tracks Configuration on Reaper:
- Reading MIDI from Reaper Dedicated Midi tracks works.
- Dedicated Audio Outputs work too.
- Playing with Maschine Keyboard on a sound works as Audio Outputs are working.
But suppose I run Record on Reaper with for example the Dedicated MIDI Track 1 and play keyboard on Sound 1 on Maschine. In that case, sounds are audible during recording but when I stop recording, the new MIDI Item created is empty.
I tried everything on Maschine, but I don't see why it doesn't work. Any ideas?
- All Categories
- 21 Welcome
- 846 Hangout
- 78 NI News
- 410 Tech Talks
- 1.9K Native Access
- 8.6K Komplete
- 1.1K Komplete General
- 2.1K Komplete Kontrol
- 3.1K Kontakt
- 721 Reaktor
- 251 Battery 4
- 491 Guitar Rig & FX
- 285 Massive X & Synths
- 506 Other Software & Hardware
- 3.4K Maschine
- 23 Sampling Room
- 4.2K Traktor
- 3.9K Traktor Software & Hardware
- Check out everything you can do
- Create an account
- See member benefits
- Answer questions
- Ask the community
- See product news
- Connect with creators