Changing MIDI channel for S88 Pitch/Mod wheels?

604way
604way Member Posts: 13 Member

I noticed the pitch bend and mod wheel for my S88 Mk2 are set to MIDI channel 1 with no way of changing this in the software. Is this for real, or is there any way to change them to another MIDI channel? It is weird that I can change the MIDI channel for the keyboard but not the wheels.

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@604way There is no MIDI assignment options for the Pitch and Mod wheels, so they will only emit on Channel 1. Unfortunately this is not something that will change in the near future.

Answers

• MyStudioOne
    MyStudioOne Member Posts: 254 Pro
    edited December 2022

They are actually set to channels 1 and 11 by default when you load NKS guitar instruments. But what context are you describing and what are you trying to achieve? KK instance? Kontakt? DAW with plugin?

• 604way

Controlling a rackmount synth. For some reason I can map every knob and button to the synth’s MIDI channel but not the pitch or mod wheel.

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

@604way There is no MIDI assignment options for the Pitch and Mod wheels, so they will only emit on Channel 1. Unfortunately this is not something that will change in the near future.

• 604way

well that sucks