How to quickly choose another preset from the Kontakt Factory Library after having chosen one?

janpeeters
janpeeters Member Posts: 19 Member

Hi, I'm running into a workflow breaking problem. I might be missing something.

When I've chosen a preset in e.g. Glaze, I can easily navigate to another preset like this:

When I choose a preset from the Kontakt Factory Library though I end up with this screen:

I've not been able to find the same easy way here to navigation to other banks/presets. The only thing I could do is to go back to the Kontakt Library and go through these steps:

This is incredible flow interrupting. I hope I'm missing something and there is an easy way to navigate to another preset. Thanks!

Best Answer

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    Answer ✓

Yeah... that instrument is showing the info header. Click on the camera(snapshots) in the header.

Answers

• Gee_Flat
    Answer ✓

Yeah... that instrument is showing the info header. Click on the camera(snapshots) in the header.

• janpeeters

Hi @Gee_Flat that only gives me this view:

But not the possibility to navigate to another preset or instrument in the Kontakt 7 library like you can in e.g. Glaze.

Maybe @Jeremy_NI knows?

• janpeeters
    edited December 2022

@Gee_Flat I appreciate your help, but your reply is marked as answer while it isn't. Did you or someone else mark it as answered? It would hide the (still open) question I'm afraid, if it's marked as answer.

• Gee_Flat

I'm never wrong 😋

The instrument has no preset snapshots and therefore it's empty. Answered ✔️

Orchestral instruments are designed to emulate real world instruments. A flute is a flute.

Sure you can create kooky variations and save them as snapshots. I recommend it too, because you never know what you will create.

• janpeeters

Hahaha never. But let me rephrase my question then. Why is there no easy way to switch to another instrument when being in one in the Kontakt factory library?

I can understand your reasoning about the instrument. But it’s part of a subcategory, eg band, and I still have to get back to the full Kontakt catalogue to choose a new instrument. See screenshot. That is not very user friendly and breaks the flow. Why, when I’m in an instrument in a category in the Kontakt factory library I cannot navigate to another instrument/categorie without having to go back to the full catalogue? Like how you navigate to another preset in eg Glaze?

I would really like to know that and hope if it’s not possible that NI will implement this.

My reasoning is, when I’m in a library I should be able to navigate to all other parts of the library. If I want another library like Scarbee Mark I, I go via the catalogue.

• Gee_Flat
    edited December 2022

My first thought when I saw the new 'Browser' was that it should be a modular popout in standalone, like the 'mapping editor' and the 'wave editor'.

Your only workaround is to use the old browser, now called the 'side pane'. Or create a Quickload. Drag any new instrument onto an existing one and it replaces it.

For smaller instruments like vintage synths, you can also create Instrument banks.

• janpeeters

Thjanks @Gee_Flat for your suggestions!

@Jeremy_NI could you file my suggestion as a feature request or should I send it somewhere else?

It would be great if you can navigate to another subcategorie in the Kontakt 7 Factory library from within any instrument (like in Glaze). It's to many steps to go back to the full Kontakt 7 Catalogue and then browse into the subcategories to find another instrument or preset. I can imagine this involves loading time because another instrument is not a preset (with regards to amount of data) but a loading indicator could solve that. Without such a feature the navigation in the new Kontakt 7 just looks nicer but isn't really a user flow improvement when you have to open the 'old' sidebar to more quickly go to another instrument. I hope the above screenshots make clear what I mean. Thanks, Jan