RE: Changing the XY Pad parameters in Mysteria when recording in Logic

Duane
Duane Member Posts: 3 Member

Hi

Love the mYsteria instrument, and really like the XY changes you can make. But...can;t figure out how to record those changes. Moving the xy pad marker with the mouse while recording doesn;t work, neither does moving the midi wheel on my keyboard. How can I capture those sound changes?

thanks

Duane

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru

Found this in a Youtube comment...

In your DAW, navigate to the automation settings on the track you have this library instantiated on, find and toggle the XY parameter for the library and then use touch, latch/your preferred write-automation method. Finding these options is different for different DAWs.

$400 for that useless thing, that couldn't even explain the x-y pad in the manual?

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    edited December 2022 Answer ✓

Maybe this will help too: Using an XY Controller with KONTAKT

And this old one about Thrill, but it's the same XY implementation:

• Duane

Thanks! Will give this a try.

• OlivierO
    OlivierO Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

Hello,

Sorry for my broken English, I am a little French noise maker who love to play his NI plug-ins but keep on failing assigning XY messages from my trackpad to my Thrill software with Audioswift. I saw all the videos and read all the explanations from @EvilDragon but it didn't work yet. Maybe because my Logic Pro is in French, surely because I am an eternal newbie, but I desperately need your help.

• Duane

Thanks to all who contributed. Based on that, seems easiest (tho low-tech) way is to manipulate the Y intensity and X mix automation parameters on the logic track. When you play that back you can watch the XY change in the software instrument. Next step will be to buy a cheap xy controller and try using that, since gives way better dynamic control.

• OlivierO
    OlivierO Member Posts: 2 Newcomer

I bought a Magic Trackpad & Audioswift and it keeps failing...

• Gee_Flat
    Gee_Flat Member Posts: 906 Guru
    edited January 2023

I read in NA updates about an update for developers that seems to address this.

Edit: actually a 'factory preset' script added to 6.6.1 for 2 XY midi controllers.

Did we all miss that announcement? haha

• tashley
    tashley Member Posts: 25 Member

Would you be kind enough, if able, to show where you read that? Because at the moment Ima just manually entering automation curves separately for X & Y into Logic's track automation and though I can get the right results it's not as fluid...