Instrument edit mode / Group editor problem

NIKuukkeli
NIKuukkeli Member Posts: 6 Member

Hi all,

I just bought Kontakt 6.6.1, and I would like to create virtual instruments with it. But the instructions online differ from what I see in Kontakt.

First of all, inside my Kontakt, I see "Edit mode" when I create a new instrument and click the wrench icon. In instruction videos (like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2iEhJcrHxI), I see "Instrument edit mode". Is this a problem, or just a new naming for the newest Kontakt version?

And the second thing, when I go to the Group editor window, I can't do anything with Group 1. I would like to duplicate it, but I get the error "Pasting failed". The checkbox of the group isn't checked (as in instruction videos), and I haven't found a way to check it.

So, what am I doing wrong here? What am I missing? Here's a screenshot of the issue.

Thank you,

Niklas

Tagged:

Best Answer

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓

That is the instrument edit mode. David is using Kontakt 5 in that video, so UI is a bit different.

As for duplicating the group, hmmm I cannot confirm that. I can duplicate the first group no problems. If that doesn't work somehow, feel free to click Create Empty Group then you get another group to select then go back to the first one. Or you can also try copy and paste options from the right click context menu.

Answers

• EvilDragon
    EvilDragon Moderator Posts: 1,022 mod
    edited February 2022 Answer ✓

That is the instrument edit mode. David is using Kontakt 5 in that video, so UI is a bit different.

As for duplicating the group, hmmm I cannot confirm that. I can duplicate the first group no problems. If that doesn't work somehow, feel free to click Create Empty Group then you get another group to select then go back to the first one. Or you can also try copy and paste options from the right click context menu.

• rubenalleman
    rubenalleman Member Posts: 1 Newcomer
    edited August 2023

Hey there! Welcome to the world of Kontakt virtual instruments. I can help you out with your questions. The Editing Mod you're seeing is indeed the same as "Instrument edit mode" in older versions of Kontakt. They might have just updated the naming in the latest version. As for the Group editor issue, it sounds like you're having trouble duplicating Group 1. Could you share a screenshot of the error you're encountering? That would make it easier for us to pinpoint the problem and offer a solution.

• NIKuukkeli
    NIKuukkeli Member Posts: 6 Member

Hi! I've been able to create instruments now, thanks to EvilDragon's suggestions, so this is not a big issue anymore. So basically I just copy and paste existing groups using the right-click menu. The original issue is still there though (Kontakt 6.7.0), if I try to duplicate a group. Screenshot attached. But as I said, I'm fine with the copy-and-paste method. Not sure if this happens in the current version, as I'm using an older one (6.7.0).