East West OPUS KOMPLETE NKS

Options
13»

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@zacmarkey Is this NKS support software from EastWest? I'm not familiar with their products and don't have an Opus product at hand to check but if that is the case I will forward this to our NKS people at NI.

• Edenorchestra
    Edenorchestra Member Posts: 24 Member
    Options

Yes EW, has a user installed NKS, mine is working correctly for their Opus player.

• Edenorchestra
    Edenorchestra Member Posts: 24 Member
    Options

I don't have Fantasy Orch, my Hollywood Orch, and Forbidden planet seem to work, but I haven't spent quality time with them.

Good Luck, keep the community posted, always looking to making our systems work better.

• chpiatt
    chpiatt Member Posts: 32 Member
    Options

I feel like I'm missing something here. I downloaded and ran the latest NKS installer, but I'm still getting the "may not support Apple Silicon or VST2 to VST3 migration" when I try to load the presets in Komplete Kontrol on my M1 Mac. Also, for fun, the installer deleted all of my existing NKS dist_database and image files, so now I have to redo all of them 🤬

• chpiatt
    chpiatt Member Posts: 32 Member
    Options

Update: When I updated to the new Komplete Kontrol 3.0 that was just released, all of the presets now work! Not only Opus, but ALL of my VST instruments/FX that I previously couldn't load due to this issue now just work. Happy day!

Still miffed about the Opus NKS installer deleting all of my files, but this now kind of makes it worth it!

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,737 mod
    Options

@chpiatt Thanks for the update, happy everything works now.

• IMMusic
    IMMusic Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

What are the steps to remove the East/West info from Komplete Kontrol if you have installed NKS Support for Opus? It (Opus/NKS support) worked fine for us, but we have decided not to renew our ComposerCloud subscription for E/W.

We have already deleted all of the E/W content. I tried a rescan, but the E/W stuff still shows up.

• IMMusic
    IMMusic Member Posts: 2 Newcomer
    Options

I cleaned up the Opus entries by reinitializing the KOMPLETE KONTROL Database. Perhaps a drastic step, but it appears to have solved my problem.

I suspect I did something out of order or missed something while deleting the various. East-West files.