Apple Silicon Error / Ableton / TRK-01 Bass / Pigments

lister
lister Member Posts: 7 Member

Im confused...! My setup:

MacPro 12.5.1 / Ableton 11.2.6 / Komplete Kontrol (VST3/KK)

Im getting errors loading instruments. Ive updated Pigments and it doesn't load. Going through the presets and other seem to error. I even try to load 'Acrobatic state' which I think is a 'TRK-01 Bass' and an error 'Apple silicon or VST...' appears?

Ive been directed to this link: https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/6178238907421-KOMPLETE-KONTROL-MASCHINE-Error-Product-could-not-be-loaded-as-it-may-not-support-Apple-Silicon-or-VST2-to-VST3-migration-?source=search&auth_token=eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJhY2NvdW50X2lkIjo3NjI4NDAsInVzZXJfaWQiOjMwNjQ3MjcxMDUsInRpY2tldF9pZCI6MzUxOTMxNCwiY2hhbm5lbF9pZCI6NjMsInR5cGUiOiJTRUFSQ0giLCJleHAiOjE2NzE4MDQ5MTR9.FZJBpNb3QypE5QL0aze8nvCvX-B4XBLphky_XAon4HI

but this doesn't help if one of NI own instruments wont load? The latest for Pigments 3.7.1 is this and they say it's Native to the new Mac..

I seem to be being bounced around.. should I continue to use Komplete Kontrol?

Comments

• Kymeia
    Kymeia NKS User Library Mod Posts: 3,738 mod
    edited December 2022

but this doesn't help if one of NI own instruments wont load? The latest for Pigments 3.7.1 is this and they say it's Native to the new Mac..

Yeah it does - Reaktor isn't Apple Silicon native yet so that's why you get the error with TRK-01 Bass. Pigments is AS native, however it doesn't yet have the ability to open a NKS preset that was made with the VST2 version into the VST3. Like many plugins it needs an update to enable that, Arturia are working on it but it wasn't in the latest release (which is actually Pigments 4 now). It is fixable but Arturia have to do that, just as u-he have recently. In the meantime either load Komplete Kontrol in Rosetta 2 mode or if you want to run everything in native, load Pigments from the plugin menu, not the NKS patch in the browser

• lister
    lister Member Posts: 7 Member

Thank you for this answer.. makes super sense.