Kontakt 7 tags on user content

jbraner
jbraner Member Posts: 7 Member
edited December 2022 in Kontakt

Hi,

I've just updated to Kontakt 7. I've been using Kontakt since ver 4 and I always just use the file system view to load libraries.

The tags feature in ver 7 is pretty cool, but it's of limited use if I can't add my own tags to the loads of nki files that I use regularly.

I've RTFM, but I can't seem to find a way to add my own tags to instruments that don't already show up. I've imported some paths and can get the tiles to appear for some more libraries - but if I can't add tags, then this way of viewing things isn't going to work for me.

Am I missing something?

Rgds,

John B

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey John,

User tags are not possible at the moment, it's not sure yet if this will be implemented or not. This is being discussed at the moment. We'll share more as soon as we get more info on the topic.

Answers

• Jeremy_NI
    Jeremy_NI Customer Care Posts: 9,321 mod
    Answer ✓

Hey John,

User tags are not possible at the moment, it's not sure yet if this will be implemented or not. This is being discussed at the moment. We'll share more as soon as we get more info on the topic.

• jbraner
    jbraner Member Posts: 7 Member

OK thanks Jeremy.

There's no sense trying to do it - when it's not going to work.

I'll just use the file system view like I always have.

• nickjones26
    nickjones26 Member Posts: 1 Newcomer

Similarly are there plans to tag the Kontakt 1 library? There's amazing stuff in there. I didn't notice it until I was searching through the browser for a pipe organ and it's not in the Kontakt library 2 so I was very confused.

• Kymeia
    Kymeia Member Posts: 3,605 Expert
    edited October 2023

I don’t understand this negative NI attitude towards user content that seems to becoming more and more detached from the old NI that strongly encouraged and empowered user generated and shared content via several user libraries. Do you not realise that one of the main things that attracts people to synths and samplers is to have tools to create your own sounds, not to merely to be passive consumers of NI and partner created content. We see this trend going back many years with Komplete Kontrol and Massive X where it is still impossible for users to name or create their own banks, and now we have Kontakt 7 not even allowing any user tagging. This should not be stuff users have to beg for, if there is tagging available then it should be there for users to access from day one