MK3 - Disordered folder content

SCS73
SCS73 Member Posts: 5 Member
edited February 2022 in Maschine

So something weird started happening a few weeks ago with my user libraries (since NI updates ?? I cant be sure to be honest!).

When i scroll through the user folders i get to a point where all of a sudden the contents of X folder start appearing in Y folder on the MK3 display screen.

So to explain a little clearer when i get to X folder on the left hand display screen the contents on the right side of the screen do not show in the SUPPOSED folder they show in the next folder. This will keep happening for three or four folders as i scroll using the knobs and then i hit a certain folder and im bumbed back to the first folder (all still out of correct order).

I started deleting folders and remove file locations of all my user files/libraries just in case there is a bug in a sample file or some other file from sampling/recording, but it just keeps happening- so it must be a bug ?

Anyone else come across this issue it is rather annoying - I hope it makes sense.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• SCS73
    Answer ✓

I may have just found the offending problem. In addition to the file folders shifting. Some folders (2 or three folders) were duplicating. I just found in the folders there were sample files that were badly named/formatted ie. " samplename1 -1.wav " notice spacing between the file names.

I removed the badly named files and rescanned the user library and the duplicate files disappeared and now also the display is behaving as it should in terms or correct order or showing on the left and right appropriately on the display screens of the mk3.

I will see what happens over next few days..

Answers

• Nico_NI
    Nico_NI Administrator Posts: 1,124 admin
    edited February 2022

Are you running plugins on the MK3 in the meantime of browsing? 🧐

I had a similar experience while browsing on a CDJ-3000, it could just be a CPU overload.

• SCS73

Yes i am running plugins. I will check out if any of them are affecting CPU. Thanks.

• SCS73
    Answer ✓

I may have just found the offending problem. In addition to the file folders shifting. Some folders (2 or three folders) were duplicating. I just found in the folders there were sample files that were badly named/formatted ie. " samplename1 -1.wav " notice spacing between the file names.

I removed the badly named files and rescanned the user library and the duplicate files disappeared and now also the display is behaving as it should in terms or correct order or showing on the left and right appropriately on the display screens of the mk3.

I will see what happens over next few days..